Lineup for 2022-23

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just one guy that can take it to the hole disrupts a defense more than anything. It opens up the big man for a jam and opens up the perimeter for a three or he makes a basket. From last year the only one that showed the speed and quickness to do that was Smith, and if he improves his shot and passing in the off season, he has a chance to do good things
Kyle is also very good at getting into lane. With the offense more spread out this year, I think his production will increase.

Deivon has the ability to get by anyone, but he must become a better finisher at the rim. He too often settles for the pull-up vs taking it all the way in.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Kyle is also very good at getting into lane. With the offense more spread out this year, I think his production will increase.

Deivon has the ability to get by anyone, but he must become a better finisher at the rim. He too often settles for the pull-up vs taking it all the way in.
Devon also needs to value every possession.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My amateur opinion.

This is a roster without superstars. But it is a roster that could meld into a team with lots of interchangeable parts. If Pastner has the best coaching job of his career this year then a different player every game could perform just well enough to get us a win.

But I’m seeing more substitutions during the game than we’ve seen previously to make this work. And coach will have to be on his toes every game.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I was pleasantly surprised watching the practice videos posted on ramblinwreck. Martynov looks much more agile than Saba ever was and he looks every bit of 7 feet. And Terry looks much more athletic than I thought. For some reason I thought he was more of a perimeter player. He may be another one that can take it to the paint and finish.