Lights situation is starting to be embarrassing

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wait, wait ... is this twice that it happened? Or did it happen once vs Duke and tonight was the car accident?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Did they talk about backup generators kicking in? I’m just curious how that could be an excuse for a stadium. Maybe it took a second for them to kick in?
No, in fact as the sideline reporter was talking about why the lights were off (accident/transformer), the lights came back on. The TV crew never revisited the topic meaningfully after that.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I'm starting to wonder if the problem has something to do with the new flashing light system. Do we really need something like that? Georgia Southern even has flashing stadium lights. I guess the flashing lights are there to impress recruits. Money Down.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Sort of related, anyone know how to get a different stadium announcer? It sounds like the same guy that does the basketball games, and he always sounds like a cheesey WWE announcer or something. Hearing him say "iiiiiiiiiiiittt'ssss Moooooonnnneeeyyyyy Doooowwwwnn" (which is already not great) the exact same way every time is really annoying. I have no training whatsoever, but I would gladly volunteer to announce in the stadium for free haha