Lighter and leaner, Bruce Jordan-Swilling wants to show what he can do

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Good off-season strength program!

"“He’s a guy that looks different than when we got here,” defensive coordinator Andrew Thacker said. “Lost 15 pounds in the offseason program, muscled up, lost body fat and is just running like the big-time running back he was out of high school, and is in the right place mentally.”"

Link https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...g-wants-show-what-can/dljsDMi0O9JU6NJDkeHZuN/

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ve seen a ton of those before and afters, and Bruce is the only one who actually looks bigger. The non-flex vs sweaty flex is a stupid comparison.

I do wonder what we were doing with our S&C program. I don’t think Qua gained a pound in 4 years here.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I’ve seen a ton of those before and afters, and Bruce is the only one who actually looks bigger. The non-flex vs sweaty flex is a stupid comparison.

I do wonder what we were doing with our S&C program. I don’t think Qua gained a pound in 4 years here.

He may or may not have gained 4 lbs during his time here, but dang it, what lbs he did have got us 6+ important yards:

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
He may or may not have gained 4 lbs during his time here, but dang it, what lbs he did have got us 6+ important yards:

Oh don’t get me wrong. I love Qua. He was a freshman in that clip and his body didn’t change for 4 years. That’s pretty odd nowadays, especially if you don’t have a “grown *** man” look at 18.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If BJS is really down to 210, that's more of a SS to me than a LB, in regards to weight. I don't know enough about his speed regarding covering backs and slot receivers, but 210 is a pretty light LB in my opinion, even if he does bring the hammer. Anyone think he might transition a little to a more hybrid position?

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Oh don’t get me wrong. I love Qua. He was a freshman in that clip and his body didn’t change for 4 years. That’s pretty odd nowadays, especially if you don’t have a “grown *** man” look at 18.
Qua was a true freshman in 2014, he was a redshirt sophomore in this clip.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Qua was a true freshman in 2014, he was a redshirt sophomore in this clip.
Regardless, nothing changed during his time here. If Rivals and the GT athletics site are to be believed, he left high school at 5'11 and 170lbs and left Tech at 5'11 174lbs. That has to seem a little odd to more people than me for a guy in an athletic program like this.

He had a pretty solid offer list out of high school though, despited only being a 5.6 3 star.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
BJS was a SLOW and unwieldy last yr for sure.A couple of times I saw him look like in mud as a back cut back on him.Good to see the change..

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
Regardless, nothing changed during his time here. If Rivals and the GT athletics site are to be believed, he left high school at 5'11 and 170lbs and left Tech at 5'11 174lbs. That has to seem a little odd to more people than me for a guy in an athletic program like this.

He had a pretty solid offer list out of high school though, despited only being a 5.6 3 star.

Kelly Quinlan commented on the Swilling tweets from the post above. He said the old staff was told to keep kids lean and flexible, so that's what Sisk strived for.

Given its KQ, it could be BS. Who knows?
(As an aside, how the hell did Kq get a blue checkmark on twit ****?)

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I think BJS has a refreshed attitude toward the team and football. Wish he had redshirted already. Glad that he's in shape and threatening for significant PT.