Life is bigger than struggling sports teams

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Cue the f'ing fight song!!!!
Doing great things outside of sports and playing good football are not mutually-exclusive, but this was much-needed, punch-in-the-gut perspective. Tech has so much to be proud of. Let’s hope that somehow, someday, we can return to glory days on the gridiron!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Some of us are old enough to remember player introductions on TV where the player would run up to the camera and tell his major. That was a million years ago but it was when the student part of student athlete was considered equally importan.

Today I wish during the actual play by play (not during halftime or ad breaks when no one is watching) the color commentator on every televised Tech game would take about 15 - 20 seconds to mention why Tech is a different place and then mention things like the article above and other such stories. Then could always conclude with Tech athletes have chosen to be part of such a legacy as this.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Some of us are old enough to remember player introductions on TV where the player would run up to the camera and tell his major. That was a million years ago but it was when the student part of student athlete was considered equally importan.

Today I wish during the actual play by play (not during halftime or ad breaks when no one is watching) the color commentator on every televised Tech game would take about 15 - 20 seconds to mention why Tech is a different place and then mention things like the article above and other such stories. Then could always conclude with Tech athletes have chosen to be part of such a legacy as this.
Would be an interesting idea to forcefully inject student back into the narrative. I like the idea from a branding perspective - we'd just need to protect against coming across as geeks.