Liability insurance question

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Driver A rents a car on vacation and puts Driver B on as an additional driver. Driver B is girlfriend but not domestic partner. Driver B has an accident, whose liability would pay Driver A or Driver B. I am fighting with insurance company on this.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Driver A rents a car on vacation and puts Driver B on as an additional driver. Driver B is girlfriend but not domestic partner. Driver B has an accident, whose liability would pay Driver A or Driver B. I am fighting with insurance company on this.

If Driver A and Driver B each have their own auto insurance policies, I would guess that Driver B’s insurance would cover it. Disclaimer: I’m not an attorney but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

As an aside, I learned on my last vacation that the card I used to rent my car had CDW included as part of my benefits so I was able to say “no” to the supplemental insurance offered at the counter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned
If Driver A and Driver B each have their own auto insurance policies, I would guess that Driver B’s insurance would cover it. Disclaimer: I’m not an attorney but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

As an aside, I learned on my last vacation that the card I used to rent my car had CDW included as part of my benefits so I was able to say “no” to the supplemental insurance offered at the counter.

Most credit cards provide insurance on rentals. It acts as a secondary to your auto insurance domestically and primary internationally. (I believe they cover the deductible on your auto insurance). I rent between 50-75 vehicles a year and have had to make some minor claims...mostly wind shields. Whoever was the driver, that insurance should act as primary.
I will add that neither covers tires and rims.

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Summary:

My mistress wrecked the ****ing rental car. Am I on the hook and does the claim state the name of the driver on the paperwork that shows up to my house?

:)
Wrong and thanks for a goofy response, i have been an item with this lady for almost 30 years, we do each have a home of our own

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I was using a cc that also covered CDW on the rental car but, the liability part is where the problem lies.