Letter from Todd that came in the mail. Whole paragraph on football. Notice how he mentions funding for coaching positions.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
6D51500F-1A30-4939-9A05-7104F0F3EE9F.jpeg

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I got it too. He’s trying to paint a rosy picture of the AA with the 14 of 17…but that doesn’t football or men’s basketball - the two key revenue generating sports.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Another letter. I used to buy season tickets and donated a lot of money over the past 40 years. Same story for decades.

I will only send money to the GTAA after they overhaul the BoT and nominate competent people to develop the athletics program. Nominating various faculty chairs who could care less about football has not worked. We are closer to being a non-scholarship D3 program now under the current BoT's vision.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
.... Nominating various faculty chairs who could care less about football has not worked. We are closer to being a non-scholarship D3 program now under the current BoT's vision.
:oops:??

I would think that we'd want faculty chairs that could care less about football. That would mean that they have some concern about the program

It's the ones that could not care less that are the problem.

I will assume that you meant not getting those that couldn't care less :)

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
He's not wrong...getting more money to attract better coaches and to recruit more effectively are required attributes to winning. But....he has to give us a reason to believe. You don't go into a financing round saying:

"We can do this! Just give us another 5 Mil and you'll see. You'll See! Trust me. I know we haven't delivered on any of the major outcomes we promised. But look at all this 'Likes' on Facebook! That's more 'Likes' than we've ever had...a new record!.....
What? You want to see the plan that going to help us deliver? No, we can't share that with you. You have to trust us. We've got a plan and we are committed to delivering results. You just don't understand this well enough for us to bother to include you in the process. Just give us your money. It takes trust you know. All right. Let's Go!"

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
:oops:??

I would think that we'd want faculty chairs that could care less about football. That would mean that they have some concern about the program

It's the ones that could not care less that are the problem.

I will assume that you meant not getting those that couldn't care less :)
It's an antiphrasis, a common phrase that connotes the opposite of the literal meaning, like "head over heels".

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I think he addressed the elephant in the room as well as he could.

That said, I think he responsible for Collins and needs to be accountable.

Football has not only soured me on the Athletic Assn (I'll continue to contribute to baseball Grand Slam) but the Alumni Assn. I used to consider Alumni Assn bequests but no more. Wonder why we are no longer invited to meals while they're in town.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that TS is always asking for money.I would be curious as to how much he gives to Tech as he is an alumnus and Letterwinner making 6 figures. Sort of like a Pastor tithes to his own church.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
People get mad when GTAA doesn’t ask for money, and apparently they get mad when they actually do.

Like the old saying goes, can’t please everybody.