Let's welcome back

Animal02

Banned
Two weeks of football and half you guys know who will be good and who wont. In 2010 auburn struggled the first few weeks of the season they beat miss st 17-14 ,I bet no one thought they were going to be a player after week 2. My point is after 2 weeks of football no one knows how good they will be. We will see in a couple of weeks how good we really are
That is what I just posted above. ;) ......Sept 20, Tech / VT, Duke / Tulane, Pitt /Iowa, UNC / East Carolina, Miami / Nebraska, UVA /BYU ........those games should tell us a lot as to where teams stand.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Two weeks of football and half you guys know who will be good and who wont. In 2010 auburn struggled the first few weeks of the season they beat miss st 17-14 ,I bet no one thought they were going to be a player after week 2. My point is after 2 weeks of football no one knows how good they will be. We will see in a couple of weeks how good we really are
Would you agree with me if I said Georgia State was a bad team and sucked right now or would we have to wait 2 more weeks to determine that?

Gojackets55

Banned
Would you agree with me if I said Georgia State was a bad team and sucked right now or would we have to wait 2 more weeks to determine that?
You were that one no it all in school that no one liked? Ga State is a bad team but you're comparing a 5 yr school with fcs talent to a power 5 conference school.

jeffgt14

You were that one no it all in school that no one liked? Ga State is a bad team but you're comparing a 5 yr school with fcs talent to a power 5 conference school.

Also who has georgia state played? Abilene Christian and New Mexico? Come on man lol
Lol I’m just tired of hearing about how great Pittsburgh is from people when they were terrible last year, lost their most important players on both offense and defense, and have done nothing but beat crap teams so far this year. Henceforth, they suck until they can prove otherwise.

What’s sad is they will most likely start the season 6-0 or at least 5-1 because they play nobody and we’ll have to hear about how great they are for the next month. Also, anything less than 5-3 in the conference from them this year is inexcusable considering they get BC and Syracuse as their Atlantic opponents.

Gojackets55

Banned
Lol I’m just tired of hearing about how great Pittsburgh is from people when they were terrible last year, lost their most important players on both offense and defense, and have done nothing but beat crap teams so far this year. Henceforth, they suck until they can prove otherwise.

What’s sad is they will most likely start the season 6-0 or at least 5-1 because they play nobody and we’ll have to hear about how great they are for the next month. Also, anything less than 5-3 in the conference from them this year is inexcusable considering they get BC and Syracuse as their Atlantic opponents.
The thing is I agree with everything you just said lol

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Not to be argumentative, but it strikes me that a Pitt fan could say pretty much the same about us, don't you think?

Both teams finished 7-6 on the season. We did beat them 21-10, but it was a 14-10 game until Vad threw up the jump ball that Smelter brought down.

They lost their QB..we lost our QB. They lost their stud DT and probably a few more I'm not familiar with. We lost our stud DE and 3 other players who were invited to NFL teams.

They've played only crap teams (Delaware and Boston College). Well, those two are tougher than Wofford and Tulane IMO.

I'm not saying that they won't be a crappy team this year. But it seems a bit disingenuous to point out the splinter in their eye and overlook the one in ours as well.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Not to be argumentative, but it strikes me that a Pitt fan could say pretty much the same about us, don't you think?

Both teams finished 7-6 on the season. We did beat them 21-10, but it was a 14-10 game until Vad threw up the jump ball that Smelter brought down.

They lost their QB..we lost our QB. They lost their stud DT and probably a few more I'm not familiar with. We lost our stud DE and 3 other players who were invited to NFL teams.

They've played only crap teams (Delaware and Boston College). Well, those two are tougher than Wofford and Tulane IMO.

I'm not saying that they won't be a crappy team this year. But it seems a bit disingenuous to point out the splinter in their eye and overlook the one in ours as well.
There QB was an NFL draft pick... Ours not so much.

jeffgt14

They haven’t beaten us since Tony Dorsett so no they can’t. But to your point, we can’t really say we’re good until we prove it either… We can say we’re better than Pitt though. ;)

I think I’m digging myself in a hole.

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
so NC State looks like a win. GA Southern I think we end up beating em pretty good. UVA is a win

BTW UNC looks like crap. That is a game we should win i think. I don't know who in their right mind put these guys in the top 25.

so that is 6 wins.

Miami a toss up...but home so I think we got a good shot. I am not sure about duke yet...we get em at home. I think we should win both of these.

Boy, VT on the road. UGA on the road. Pitt on the road and clemson home are going to be tough....

still seeing around 7-8 wins. Some teams are clearly worse than preseason thought. And clearly better (VT, Pitt)

I agree with all of this. UNC has looked flat out awful. I'm not sold on Duke or Miami. VT looked very good the other night I was really impressed with there QB. They are going to be hard to beat. UGA's offense looks very good, but I haven't been very impressed with there defense. I think we can put points on the board against them and actually like our chances a little beter this year then last. I think we are an 8 win team.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I don't think Pitt is a great team, but I think they will be a tough match up for us. Their strengths pretty much align with our weaknesses. I don't look past them at all. They will be able to pound it a little. If the TECH defense was a boxer, the strategy would be to hit us with a lot of body shots until we weaken. That is what I expect they will do. Don't get me wrong, I think we will win the game, but this is one of those games that will be a major challenge for us physically. Can we cover their guys while loading the box against the run? will be the question. If we can get to the point in the game with a lead when they are FORCED to pass, I think we will have it. Getting out to a better start will be paramount.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
True. Auburn struggled in their first 3 games against mediocre to bad teams last year and was lucky they did not lose two of them. Then they got hammered by LSU. But in a weird way those four games built up determination and grit leading later in the season to two improbable (almost miraculous) wins over Georgia and Alabama. And the rest is history.

Animal02

Banned
I don't think Pitt is a great team, but I think they will be a tough match up for us. Their strengths pretty much align with our weaknesses. I don't look past them at all. They will be able to pound it a little. If the TECH defense was a boxer, the strategy would be to hit us with a lot of body shots until we weaken. That is what I expect they will do. Don't get me wrong, I think we will win the game, but this is one of those games that will be a major challenge for us physically. Can we cover their guys while loading the box against the run? will be the question. If we can get to the point in the game with a lead when they are FORCED to pass, I think we will have it. Getting out to a better start will be paramount.

I do not think an conference game will be easy this year. Some will be tougher than others, all are winnable, but at the same time all could be lost. I still think we end up 9-3 or 8-4 at the end of the year......a few lucky ball bounces and maybe even 10-2 (though unlucky ones it could be 7-5)