Let's welcome back

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
It's early but UVA looks a lot better this season.

Main thing we need to do now is get better this week and play cosistently well vs Ga So.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Virginia SHOULD have beaten UCLA; they gave them 21 points via 3 TD's to defensive scores (2 INT's and a fumble all returned for TD's). Without those 3 defensive scores, Virginia would have BLOWN OUT the Bruins.

if my wife was Gizelle Bundchen. I would be Tom Brady.

if robin williams were alive he wouldn't be dead

point is, you are what you are, your record is indicative of who you are, you can play the shoulda woulda coulda game all day and it doesn't matter. We have a bad UVA team at home and we will kill them.

Just like with GA Southern, many of our fans are giving these bad teams way too much credit. Perhaps that is indicative in a huge loss of faith in CPJ and Tech

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Just like with GA Southern, many of our fans are giving these bad teams way too much credit. Perhaps that is indicative in a huge loss of faith in CPJ and Tech
First of all, I don't think it's that many. There's just as many, or more, who predict a blowout this weekend.
Second, I think it's more indicative of their personality than any universal loss of confidence in coach. Then again, you could be right, but coulda, shoulda, woulda.....

if my wife was Gizelle Bundchen. I would be Tom Brady.

if robin williams were alive he wouldn't be dead

point is, you are what you are, your record is indicative of who you are, you can play the shoulda woulda coulda game all day and it doesn't matter. We have a bad UVA team at home and we will kill them.

I think the point being made is that Virginia is better than they were last year. Are we? Can't tell yet. My personal evaluation, so far is these teams are trending upward in the ACC: Virginia, Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh, Syracuse. Not as good as last year: FSU, Clemson, Wake, Miami. Unable to say yet: Georgia Tech, UNC, NCST, Boston College, Duke. New member: Louisville. I realize it is a very small sample size so far. Things will be more in focus come October 1.

Darren Waller, Dennis Andrews and Lynn Griffin...all back from suspensions.

Of the three, I expect Lynn Griffin to have the most impact on our success. A-back is a croweded house right now, and the WR's have played well while Waller was suspended. Waller's situation is bothersome, given his apparent talent and measurables. It's just annoying to think a guy like that would not be 110% on board for the opportunity to shine. Maybe I am too harsh.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Good to have these guys back - looking for big things with Waller/Smelter opposite each other. Hopefully Waller is back starting by the VT game. And we need Andrews to get some game experience before the mass exodus of RBs next season. We're only going to have Snoddy, Andrews, Wilson, and Leggett (if he doesn't RS) as guys with any experience next season - scary thought. MLD, Jarrett, and Cottrell might all have to play. We definitely need Snoddy to get and his game together. He could be a big threat next season as a starter if he figures it out.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Of the three, I expect Lynn Griffin to have the most impact on our success. A-back is a croweded house right now, and the WR's have played well while Waller was suspended. Waller's situation is bothersome, given his apparent talent and measurables. It's just annoying to think a guy like that would not be 110% on board for the opportunity to shine. Maybe I am too harsh.
I think Milton’s done a good job. I think Waller is the most important player we get back just due to the huge mismatch he creates. I love what Summers does but he can be covered one on one. If Waller plays like he’s capable of, he will force a safety to play back which opens up the run game tremendously.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think Milton’s done a good job. I think Waller is the most important player we get back just due to the huge mismatch he creates. I love what Summers does but he can be covered one on one. If Waller plays like he’s capable of, he will force a safety to play back which opens up the run game tremendously.
I think Waller is a darn good blocker, too. Anybody know this for sure?

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
Really excited to have a pair of big, fast WRs on the field this week. Hoping to see sparks fly in the passing game.

UVA will be a tough out
Tenuta has their defense ready

It's early but UVA looks a lot better this season.

Too early to judge how good people are right now...UVA was 1-1 this time last year with a win over BYU.

They play Louisville this week.

UVA is gonna get smoked by Lullvull, at least 2 TDs. Petrino's a piece of trash, but he can coach and he's got plenty of talent to work with.

Meanwhile, UCLA nearly lost to Memphis at home.

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
They all will have to earn the time back. Lynn will likely get back pretty quick.

Dennis is about last on the depth chart for backs and I don't see him earning time. He was already behind all those guys before the suspension.
Interesting, Johnson mentioned how good of a camp Andrews had this Fall.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
That is a very broad question especially after beating a far less talented BC team by 10 points. I'm not saying it will be a automatic win but the way some of you guys react after one game is hilarious. Pitt is now a dominant team after being 1-0....are you hearing yourself?

er,they are 2-0 , first wk they gained 400 yds ON GROUND winning 62-0 ,even vs Delaware that is impressive
if they don't get the big RB hurt ,Pitt will be a MAJOR problem for us UP THERE, they will probably be favored also

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
er,they are 2-0 , first wk they gained 400 yds ON GROUND winning 62-0 ,even vs Delaware that is impressive
if they don't get the big RB hurt ,Pitt will be a MAJOR problem for us UP THERE, they will probably be favored also
This is probably my 5th post saying this but, Pitt sucks…

Gojackets55

Banned
Two weeks of football and half you guys know who will be good and who wont. In 2010 auburn struggled the first few weeks of the season they beat miss st 17-14 ,I bet no one thought they were going to be a player after week 2. My point is after 2 weeks of football no one knows how good they will be. We will see in a couple of weeks how good we really are