Let's welcome back

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
I really hope we have a good week of practice for gasouth. They will want it just as bad and play just as hard. Put a scare into nc state. Hope these have to earn their starting spots with really good practices too. Bring the energy up for everyone.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Obviously this could change the receiver lineup, but what about the AB and DB lineups? Are Dennis and Lynn going to be on the two deep?

They all will have to earn the time back. Lynn will likely get back pretty quick.

Dennis is about last on the depth chart for backs and I don't see him earning time. He was already behind all those guys before the suspension.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I really hope we have a good week of practice for gasouth. They will want it just as bad and play just as hard. Put a scare into nc state. Hope these have to earn their starting spots with really good practices too. Bring the energy up for everyone.

Don't read too much into NCST. Even though they are in the ACC, they are a really bad football program right now.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
NC St aint no VT or FSU. Don't take too much away from Southern though. They beat Florida last year and probly should have beaten NC St in away game this year. If teams take them for granted they might pay a price.

TechPhi97

Jolly Good Fellow
NC St aint no VT or FSU. Don't take too much away from Southern though. They beat Florida last year and probly should have beaten NC St in away game this year. If teams take them for granted they might pay a price.
We're no VT or FSU, either. Going to be a tough game, unfortunately.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
so NC State looks like a win. GA Southern I think we end up beating em pretty good. UVA is a win

BTW UNC looks like crap. That is a game we should win i think. I don't know who in their right mind put these guys in the top 25.

so that is 6 wins.

Miami a toss up...but home so I think we got a good shot. I am not sure about duke yet...we get em at home. I think we should win both of these.

Boy, VT on the road. UGA on the road. Pitt on the road and clemson home are going to be tough....

still seeing around 7-8 wins. Some teams are clearly worse than preseason thought. And clearly better (VT, Pitt)

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I don't see why people think Pitt is any good? Am I missing something? They beat Boston College..
Considering all the teams that struggled with competition equivilant to BC, I'd say Pitt is at least decent.
We will have to do it with smoke and mirrors on D. O needs to continue to gel.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
so NC State looks like a win. GA Southern I think we end up beating em pretty good. UVA is a win

BTW UNC looks like crap. That is a game we should win i think. I don't know who in their right mind put these guys in the top 25.

so that is 6 wins.

Miami a toss up...but home so I think we got a good shot. I am not sure about duke yet...we get em at home. I think we should win both of these.

Boy, VT on the road. UGA on the road. Pitt on the road and clemson home are going to be tough....

still seeing around 7-8 wins. Some teams are clearly worse than preseason thought. And clearly better (VT, Pitt)

I'm with you on UNC. Media falls for UNC every year.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Va Tech will be tough as always but I think ohio state is extremely overrated
tOSU has superior athletes and coaching. Don't diminish VT's accomplishment, it could be an ugly one. VT's qb was threading needles all over the place, their rb's are hosses and their D is the same tough D as always.

That said, they have a history of wetting the bed once they get an ounce of national attention. They don't call them the chokies for nothing. Maybe we'll finally benefit from that instead of them having career day's against us like we've been seeing recently.

Gojackets55

Banned
tOSU has superior athletes and coaching. Don't diminish VT's accomplishment, it could be an ugly one. VT's qb was threading needles all over the place, their rb's are hosses and their D is the same tough D as always.

That said, they have a history of wetting the bed once they get an ounce of national attention. They don't call them the chokies for nothing. Maybe we'll finally benefit from that instead of them having career day's against us like we've been seeing recently.
Ohio state has 4 new starters on the O line and a qb who looks horrible right now. Not taking anything away from va tech but IMO Ohio state isn't a top 20 team right now much less a top 10 team