Let's use a Star rating system to evaluate the new coaching hires.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I just thought it would be interesting to get everyone's opinion on evaluating how CPJ and Woody have filled their vacant coaching positions.
N. Woody-
S. Wood-
J. Raise-
T. Money-
E. Joe-

Retaining Coach Mac-

Feel free to add on someone that I may have missed.

Please everyone be reflective thoughtful insight and be respectful when making your evaluations/comments. Of course this is meant to generate interactive commentary but let's do it without belittling the coaches or fellow GT fans. Thanks in advance for keeping this thread respectful and on topic.
Go Jackets!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm fine with the new coaches but don't think we will know for 2 or 3 years from now. Sometimes older players don't take to new coaches ( Example Ross's first year some players did not take to changes , it can take time )

Deleted member 2897

I just thought it would be interesting to get everyone's opinion on evaluating how CPJ and Woody have filled their vacant coaching positions.
N. Woody-
S. Wood-
J. Raise-
T. Money-
E. Joe-

Retaining Coach Mac-

Please everyone be reflective thoughtful insight and be respectful when making your evaluations/comments. Of course this is meant to generate interactive commentary but let's do it without belittling the coaches or fellow GT fans. Thanks in advance for keeping this thread respectful and on topic.
Go Jackets!

They are all 5* on names. I mean we're raising money, raising woodies, cup o joe, bowl of mac. We also have a johnson and speed. Its a party!

giphy.gif

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
For various reasons, I am very optimistic about the changes but really have no idea. I don’t know what to rate them now but hope the perform at a 4 star or better level in the fall. Since I am bullish on this years offense having an improved defense should mean a very good year.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
my kinda start off on a thread. yay.

what can i say. i am a fan. i try to be a positive kinda fan until i given info that causes me to not be so positive. given that. i like all our hires. even the names are mc t*ts hehe.

i think cpj has it finally figured out. i hope. i do like this direction. the talent pool for the type of d recruit we are looking for is much broader imo. not nfl specific.

so ill give them all a solid 3* and have the option to bump that up when they makes us a better team.

Milwaukee

Banned
I'll bite. Woody seems like a high 3 star to me. His attacking style is what a lot of us have been wanting for about 7 years now. Time will tell how it plays out but damn on paper this could be a high 3 panning out to be a high 4 or low 5 with our O.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
N. Woody-
S. Wood-
J. Raise-
T. Money-
E. Joe-

Retaining Coach Mac-

Go Jackets!

I have no idea. Let them coach and in a few years we will see. Got to get difference makers on both sides of the ball for coaching to make a real impact. Get recruiting fixed to where we are pulling in top 25 classes instead of top 50 and go from there. IMHO Anyway according to Coach Johnson they all came "...highly recommended" Kind of like the players.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Honestly it all depends on our Offense. If CNW comes in and gets these guys flying around like he would like, the best way to keep them flying around is winning the TOP... If we can keep the ball for more than 38 minutes it could be fun to watch.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Honestly it all depends on our Offense. If CNW comes in and gets these guys flying around like he would like, the best way to keep them flying around is winning the TOP... If we can keep the ball for more than 38 minutes it could be fun to watch.
I'm not one of those time of possession guys, unless we're killing the clock in the final minutes. But we have seen enough to know that the offense can and often does chew up seven minutes or more to score, and then we give it back in 2-3 minutes. How I want the offense to complement the defense (ain't that a switch?) is to return to hanging points on the board, five, six scores a game, Outscore them. But in doing it give the defense freedom to play lights out aggressively. And if the scheme is right, if the personnel are right, and if we can tackle, we will be in good shape and it will be fun to watch.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I do have a question regarding the coaches: can someone itemize the new hires vs. those who have left? I must have been in a cave when some of these names came up.