Let's Send the Seniors out GTSwarm style

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I need lots of Swarmer's help.

If you look at DCS's thread on Synjyn below I think we should create a similar thread for every senior. This site's strength is built on the back of following recruiting so I am thinking at the end of seasons and to take us through to spring practice and the turning of the page to a "new" team we can provide threads that "book-end" a players entire time at Tech, from the time they committed to when they finished eligibility as seniors.

I have very limited skills at the vines and videos and whatnot so this will have to be a collective effort [insert Together we Swarm reference here] and I think what @dtm1997 and others do on threads in the Basketball page collecting all bits of info together for recruits and players is partly what I have in mind. The threads can be a online "scrapbook" memento for each of the seniors every year. And also individual repositories of favorite "fan memories" of each of these seniors.

I asked the mods and they said they can add in "senior" tags or something like that so these threads will be easily searchable. I think I will get it started in a minute and am going to create the threads based on when the player first committed to GT. So if I have my info correct the threads will go in this order:

1) C. Perkins 2/1/9

2) B. J. Bostic 6/11/9

3) I Johnson 6/13/09

4) S Green 7/22/9

5) S Days 8/28/09

6) Q Nealy 12/8/9

7) D Hill 1/24/10

8) T Zenon 1/31/10

9) D Smelter 5/4/10

10) Shaq Mason 6/12/10

11) D Waller 6/15/10

12) Sam McNearney 8/10 (walk-on)

13) J Rogers 8/10 (walk-on)

14) Matt Connors 8/10 (walk-on)

15) T McNair 8/22/10

16) Z Laskey 12/16/10

17) C Dennis 1/16/11

18) K Travis 1/23/11

I am dating the walk-ons to August for when the Fall semester started as being their "commitment" date. Please jump in to help create and add content to the threads like pictures, links to articles on them, their high school recruiting video, etc.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
If we try and send out the Seniors this way each year then future classes will be easier to do write-ups for as we will be able to draw from their pages as recruits from this same site. I like the idea of being able to look at their Tech careers from the very beginning to the end all in one thread.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
I just came across this senior tribute video. Absolutely awesome.

Congratulations to these seniors for having such an awesome season! I hope they carry this season with them and continue to have much success after their time at Tech. Go Jackets! THWG!

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Please don't forget Mr. Andrew Chau, sr kicker.
I saw him in a pic today and I was puzzled because I thought of him as a Senior as well but I made the list above from the Ramblin Wreck site and roster here: http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/geot-m-footbl-mtt.html

This site says he is a Redshirt Junior. Then when you open his specific bio it says that he arrived at Tech in August 2011 and they list him as redshirting that year which would indeed make him a RS JR.

Do you know for a fact that the site is incorrect? I think Brandon Gaudin called him a senior at some point and wondered if he would be brought in to kick an extra point against Clemson on senior day and so I was then surprised that Chau did not get any kicks that game. But maybe he did not get any kicks because he is in fact a RS JR.

Of course, it is quite possible that many walk-ons graduate in 4 years and so do not stay to play in their 5th year "senior" seasons, so maybe Chau is gone after this season but as a JR in terms of eligibility?

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Great senior video! This was a special group of guys! They provided so many special moments this year. I'll never forget when they all circled up around Broderick on the field after his injury. These guys thought us what being unselfish is all about. Congrats Seniors and I will always remember what a special group you were!

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I think/thought Chau would be back next year.
Thanks. If you or anyone know of any walk-ons I should include in this series who are leaving due to graduation and thus not wanting to continue to pay for school, then I can add them in. I suppose the same would go for scholly players who earned a degree and will not be back; however, none of those guys have announced their intentions publicly and typically don't leave the program until the spring.

I simply took the official site's info on who is leaving due to completed football eligibility.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I met him once, or did I see him in a movie, I can't remember...

5012a3933806332546279c63abaa2df7.jpg

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I am bumping my own old thread just so I can say here that I appreciate the comments of gratitude directed at me in the threads I am posting for each of the team's seniors. Y'all are welcome! But I also don't want to fill up those threads with posts thanking me and my acknowledgements.

I hope the threads can be repositories of our memories and gratitude for the players discussed and a place to put our favorite pics, video clips and vines showing them in action.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Btw, From the Rumble Seat is doing similar senior appreciation posts so check them out. They could definitely get done well before I do as they are far more dedicated and pro about posting than myself.