Let's go about this different only positive things ( Why will Tech win 6 games or more next year)

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Now lets the positive fans be the only ones no negative post on here we have other places for them

I want to hear why you are positive that with CGC we will turn it around next year and win 6 or more games.

If one of the answers is because Coastal will be so bad next year and the ACC as a whole will be the worse it's been since we joined the ACC I could buy that reason.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
We'll have newer uniforms?
Wait...the culture is in place, it's time to start coaching or something like that.

Last edited:

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Geoff will have a new OC and he'll take over the defense, hopefully. We'll have one coach instead of two for the DBs, which may solve some of our confusion issues in the secondary. Some highly recruited DBs will be a year older and starting, at long last. New guys transferring in on the OL should start immediately.

Add to that the attitude adjustment Geoff hopefully got in the off-season, and we could finally have a decent season.

We hope.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Geoff will have a new OC and he'll take over the defense, hopefully. We'll have one coach instead of two for the DBs, which may solve some of our confusion issues in the secondary. Some highly recruited DBs will be a year older and starting, at long last. New guys transferring in on the OL should start immediately.

Add to that the attitude adjustment Geoff hopefully got in the off-season, and we could finally have a decent season.

We hope.
But tell me why the new OC will be better I don't know him or what he likes to run.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I think we'll be better because we'll be older. Sims will be in his 3rd year, which is when Hamilton took off, we'll have a solid tandem in the backfield with Griffin and Smith. I really like the talent in the receiving corps and they played very well last year.

Hopefully the O-Line will be able to stay healthy next year. They were just so injured this last year that it was difficult for them to get continuity. It did mean that Vaipulu and Franklin got some valuable experience, but they were clearly not ready last year. I also believe that we have two studs coming in next year in Quick and Tchio.

As for the defense, I really like the depth and talent at D-Line. Ivey and Kennard will be in their 3rd years. White and Domineck should make for a good tandem if healthy. Chimedza will be 2 years removed from his surgery and Biggers should also be better conditioned to make more of an impact. Then you add in the 2 4 star DTs and the D-Line looks solid.

There's a lot of experience at LB in Thomas and Eley. We just need some players to step up behind them.

The secondary is the big question mark, but I love the new coach. And it's going to be hard for them to be worse than they were last year.

I really think that we can have a good year next year, but we need Sims to stay healthy all year, and the guys who are entering their 3rd year (CGC's first class) have to mature into a winning team that cuts out the silly mistakes.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I think we'll be better because we'll be older. Sims will be in his 3rd year, which is when Hamilton took off, we'll have a solid tandem in the backfield with Griffin and Smith. I really like the talent in the receiving corps and they played very well last year.

Hopefully the O-Line will be able to stay healthy next year. They were just so injured this last year that it was difficult for them to get continuity. It did mean that Vaipulu and Franklin got some valuable experience, but they were clearly not ready last year. I also believe that we have two studs coming in next year in Quick and Tchio.

As for the defense, I really like the depth and talent at D-Line. Ivey and Kennard will be in their 3rd years. White and Domineck should make for a good tandem if healthy. Chimedza will be 2 years removed from his surgery and Biggers should also be better conditioned to make more of an impact. Then you add in the 2 4 star DTs and the D-Line looks solid.

There's a lot of experience at LB in Thomas and Eley. We just need some players to step up behind them.

The secondary is the big question mark, but I love the new coach. And it's going to be hard for them to be worse than they were last year.

I really think that we can have a good year next year, but we need Sims to stay healthy all year, and the guys who are entering their 3rd year (CGC's first class) have to mature into a winning team that cuts out the silly mistakes.
Very good I can buy most of it.

Techastrophe

Georgia Tech Fan
Because TStan and CGC will read my post and hire a director of football engineering to coordinate teams of GT faculty, students, and alumni. You want to seriously limit having more people telling athletes what to do, but teams can develop analytics, technologies, and solutions that improve the program. People talk about Moneyball-type innovations in recruiting but there are other opportunities. Make in-game communications more effective. Make opponent prep more effective. Make halftime adjustments more effective. Make athlete assessment and development more effective.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Because TStan and CGC will read my post and hire a director of football engineering to coordinate teams of GT faculty, students, and alumni. You want to seriously limit having more people telling athletes what to do, but teams can develop analytics, technologies, and solutions that improve the program. People talk about Moneyball-type innovations in recruiting but there are other opportunities. Make in-game communications more effective. Make opponent prep more effective. Make halftime adjustments more effective. Make athlete assessment and development more effective.
Good idea - 'bout time for a school of engineering to do this.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
If GT wins more than 6 it is bc our team always does the opposite of what our fans expect... none of us saw the orange bowl season, we were all disappointed in 2015, and last year was a dumpster fire while many of us expected to go 6-6ish. So since all of us think we will go 3-9, we will be 6-6 by years end

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Now lets the positive fans be the only ones no negative post on here we have other places for them

I want to hear why you are positive that with CGC we will turn it around next year and win 6 or more games.

If one of the answers is because Coastal will be so bad next year and the ACC as a whole will be the worse it's been since we joined the ACC I could buy that reason.
Jeff Sims will develop into one if the top 5 qb’s in conference under Longs tutelage.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

I am not "positive" but I can certainly see a vast improvement in wins doubling this year's total or even 7 wins. The Coastal is, as always, in a state of chaos that will enable at least one team to surprise to the upside...why not us? We will, for once, have the proven quarterback, a flock of dangerous wide receivers, speedy running backs, a stable of fine defensive coaches...well, let's not get carried away but ANY team is capable, outside of Duke that is, of walking off with the Coastal title. Might as well be us.