Let's get ready for FSU

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Alright fellas, the UGA win was one of the best of my entire life, but at least for a week we need to start getting our minds right to beat the criminoles. After we put jameis on his back 100 times and we run for 500 yards then we can go back to celebrating the UGA win, which I will be happy to do, but this season could be even bigger than beating the mutts if the cards fall our way and the players need our mojo so that they will be ready to play Saturday night. So, what do we need to do to beat the criminoles?
Well, I've watched several games and I can't point out what they do well. They don't look like a good team to me, I mean they aren't awful at anything, but they aren't great at anything either. I know we have to get in the face of Winston and create some turnovers and then we need to really eat clock in this game. We can't give them free possessions like every other team seems to do and allow them to comeback late in the game. What do you guys/ladies think? Have you seen anything else from them that we need to exploit?

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree. But as a fan, it is sooooo hard to focus. I was up at 5 am listening to the final drive from the UGAg perspective with that high school broadcaster Eric Zeier. Listening to their pain was awesome. You could feel the air go out of the entire bullfrawg nation with that overtime interception.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
FSU has had issues on the offensive line. Teams have been getting good push in the middle because their starting center has been hurt. They had to move one of their OL to center, which has made them better. Their receivers have had trouble getting separation which bodes well for us. I like the match-up between our DB's and their WR's. Jameis has been forcing a lot of throws this year, which could mean us forcing some turnovers.

Defensively, I think they will give our offense everything we can handle. Their DL isn't as good as last year but they are still tough in the middle. We'll have to play really well again on offense. Their secondary is vulnerable so losing Smelter is not good. However, I think we can win. FSU has been playing with fire. If they get down a couple of scores and we can move the ball, they are toast.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
I like the match-up between our DB's and their WR's.
Who could have imagined you could make this statement and not be laughed out of the room after the UNC game?

Kudos to the coaches and players on the defensive side of the ball for working hard and making massive improvements.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Who could have imagined you could make this statement and not be laughed out of the room after the UNC game?

Kudos to the coaches and players on the defensive side of the ball for working hard and making massive improvements.

I know, it's crazy. But if you've watched FSU this year, it's true. Jameis hasn't been great but he hasn't gotten much help. Most of Winston's INT's have been forced throws because no one is open.

I do worry about Dalvin Cook, their true freshman running back. The guy is a stud and will be a superstar the next two years. But they don't give him the ball nearly enough. And they could've ran it down our throats in 2012 but they kept throwing the ball.

Alright fellas, the UGA win was one of the best of my entire life, but at least for a week we need to start getting our minds right to beat the criminoles. After we put jameis on his back 100 times and we run for 500 yards then we can go back to celebrating the UGA win, which I will be happy to do, but this season could be even bigger than beating the mutts if the cards fall our way and the players need our mojo so that they will be ready to play Saturday night. So, what do we need to do to beat the criminoles?
Well, I've watched several games and I can't point out what they do well. They don't look like a good team to me, I mean they aren't awful at anything, but they aren't great at anything either. I know we have to get in the face of Winston and create some turnovers and then we need to really eat clock in this game. We can't give them free possessions like every other team seems to do and allow them to comeback late in the game. What do you guys/ladies think? Have you seen anything else from them that we need to exploit?
We need every tech fan in the country to be at the game saturday. We need to be on our feet for most of the game. The players will feed off our energy. I think the fans play a major factor in a lot of games.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Here's why I'm confident:

GT fans will show up and be loud as they always are at championship games
GT Players are playing with house money right now and will just be out there enjoying themselves. FSU has all the pressure
FSU has come out of the gate slow a lot, not a good recipe against us
Our defense is ALIVE
The fact that this is for a championship and against the defending national champs and undefeated FSU will get our players focused right after the big win, and it's just a week away.

Here's why I'm not:

Emotional High and letdown of UGA
Smelter injury
FSU's RB is incredibly quick
Winston
FSU will not quit
FSU doesn't know how to lose
ACC officiating could potentially roll FSU's way (if you're a believer in that sort of thing as I am)

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Smelter hurts, but I can't see a let down. Playing the defending NC for the ACC title and getting a chance to take down the winning streak?

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
IMG_274115657732358.jpeg

Techster

Helluva Engineer
GT over FSU...by double digits. You heard it here first.

GT is a nightmare matchup for FSU, and our strengths coincidentally are their weaknesses. I'm not worried about our offense, they will do what they need to do. I think FSU turns the ball over a couple times, and they will lead to points that are finally unsurmountable for them. You play with fire, and it will eventually burn you. GT is on FIRE right now.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Yea I wouldn’t get too overconfident. This FSU team is way better than how some of these games have looked. If FSU makes the playoffs, it will take a team playing a near perfect game to knock them off. I certainly think we have every chance in the world to beat them but we will have to bring everything we got. For the record, I think FSU could wipe the floor with Alabama if they wanted too. Problem is they are so sporadic that you never know what they’ll do.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Let's not forget something here guys:

FSU has won 27 straight games.
They are the defending national champion.
They have the returning Heisman Trophy Rapist.

It's not like we're facing an upstart Wake Forest team that magically went 12-0.

These guys are good. Very, very good. Have they looked inconsistent? Sure, but they are getting everyone's best shot every week and they are still winning. On paper, they have so much more raw talent than us they should just be able to roll their helmets out onto the field and win. But I'm glad they don't play games on paper. And even more importantly, I'm glad we have a better head coach patrolling the sidelines.