Lethal Weapon 3

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
I found this in my parents' garage recently - an autographed Lethal Weapon 3 poster. It hung in my dad's office for years and now it's going up in mine.

Attachments

• Lethal Weapon 3.JPG
    Lethal Weapon 3.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 219

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
if all 3 are there i will be there. 1990 was my Soph year.
i actually gave Dennis a ride across campus one day that year.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Cuse,

Wanted you opinion on something.
Watching GT's offense, I think it is actually well designed to compete against Syracuse's zone (of course i say that and watch us get crushed twice).
Beating a zone is not all about hitting 3's. It's about good ball movement and finding the creases.
With a 2-3 zone there is a hole at the FT line. The general idea is plant someone there, get them an entry pass and then they have 3 options. Once they receive the pass they turn and face the basket. if the defense stays in position you take the FT jumper. If they collapse from the backline you try to hit a baseline cutter, if they collapse from the top you reverse back out to the perimeter.

Lammers feels like a great guy to position at the high post. Feed him, he has shown he has a nice 15-17 ft jumper. GT obviously has a couple of guys that can cut to the basket (Okogie, TJ and Moore in particular and even Stephens a little), the reverse out is the weakest part for GT, unless they are shooting like against NCST.

Not saying GT will win, just that I think what GT is doing offensively, and who they can put at the FT line feels like a solid matchup.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Cuse,

Watching GT's offense, I think it is actually well designed to compete against Syracuse's zone (of course i say that and watch us get crushed twice).
Beating a zone is not all about hitting 3's. It's about good ball movement and finding the creases.
With a 2-3 zone there is a hole at the FT line. The general idea is plant someone there, get them an entry pass and then they have 3 options. Once they receive the pass they turn and face the basket. if the defense stays in position you take the FT jumper. If they collapse from the backline you try to hit a baseline cutter, if they collapse from the top you reverse back out to the perimeter.

Lammers feels like a great guy to position at the high post. Feed him, he has shown he has a nice 15-17 ft jumper. GT obviously has a couple of guys that can cut to the basket (Okogie, TJ and Moore in particular and even Stephens a little), the reverse out is the weakest part for GT, unless they are shooting like against NCST.

Not saying GT will win, just that I think what GT is doing offensively, and who they can put at the FT line feels like a solid matchup.

I'd enjoy watching Boheim's post game presser rant if we steal a win...

/

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
This is what they have on ramblinwreck.com when looking for single game tickets

View attachment 2160
Are there plans for LW3 to actually be set up to sign these posters at this game? Or will they be in box seats and only come out at halftime to be recognized ? It takes a lot of planning on my part to make any games but if I could stand a good chance of getting an autographed poster that would be an important factor in making plans. Btw, if the AA needed to make it a pay event to get LW3 autographs I wouldn't mind paying for the privilege either.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
GT Bob has the 1990 GT - Mich State game on YouTube. I never tire of watching that game.
My die hard, true Michigan St friends hate me every time I wear my GT hat or Lethal Weapon 3 shirt. For my neighbors birthday I always send him a clip of Kenny making that shot. The response would get me banned for a week on here if I were to share it. Lol.
I tell him all Steve Smith had to do was make a free throw.
That loss is one that Spartan fans to this day hate to talk about. I guess every fan base has one.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Cuse,

Red, there's a lot to say GT/'Cuse but I'll keep it simple to address your points:
  • Yes, 2-3 zone busting 101 says flash a guy to the high post to disrupt the zone. I agree Lammers is a good option. Q or Okogie would also be effective there to hit the midrange jumpshot or facilitate.
  • One issue for GT will be, 'Cuse plays the 2-3 according to opposing personnel. So, when Moore or Heyward are in the game, expect Syracuse to give them every opportunity to hit threes. 'Cuse will then sag the guards to the high post, negating GT's ability to get the ball there, when those two have the ball AND when recognizing there's no need to play help side/close out. 'Cuse begged UNC's Nate Britt to shoot the ball. To Roy Williams' credit, Britt played almost 50% of his normal minutes.
  • The good news is 'Cuse hasn't played the 2-3 well this year. Their starters consist of Lydon plus 4 guys who were not in the program last year (2 frosh, 2 transfers). 'Cuse struggles offensively, and the defense compounds their issues.
  • Therefore a second issue for GT may be, they're catching 'Cuse on the back end of the schedule. The zone has gotten a little better in the last couple weeks. One uncorrectable issue is lack of length at the top when 5'9" John Gillon is in the ball game. This allows passes over the top, which makes it even easier if you have Lammers at the high post.
For GT's sake I wish we had one more athletic PF to run the baseline (James White, can you come back?). Lydon and Roberson are pretty effective blocking shots particularly when they're not overmatched physically.

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I expect this home-and-home to look closer to the 46-45 debacle, given the rosters and offensive challenges. Win or lose, @Fatmike91 may get his wish and we'll have another presser like this one. Seriously, it's a good use of 8 min if you have the time.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Are there plans for LW3 to actually be set up to sign these posters at this game? Or will they be in box seats and only come out at halftime to be recognized ? It takes a lot of planning on my part to make any games but if I could stand a good chance of getting an autographed poster that would be an important factor in making plans. Btw, if the AA needed to make it a pay event to get LW3 autographs I wouldn't mind paying for the privilege either.
They're signing autographs pregame, per the new Home Game promotions thread