Let look at it this way ( You are the head coach what do you do)

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm not looking to see if you want to fired CPJ we have 150 pages on that topic.

The AD comes to your office ask you to look at your coaching staff and tell him which ones need to go stay or move to another postion.
1) Nate Woody Defensive coordinator and outside LB's
2)Craig Candeto QB's and B-backs
3) Andy McCollum inside LB's
4) Lamar Owens A -backs ST
5) Buzz Preston WR's
6) Jerome Riase DL
7) Mike Sewall OL
8) Joe Speed CB's
9) Ron West OL
10) Shiel Wood safeties

Tell why they need to be replaced or why to keep them and move them to another postion.

For me Woody is safe Riase is safe ,Wood is safe , McCollum safe but at something other then inside LB maybe Assistant head coach and ST.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Candeto and Speed for sure. I'd say Sewak but he's not going anywhere.

Sewak could be ( but he isn’t thank Heavens) our version of Sandusky or curry’s counselor/ motivational / religious type guy on the sidelines and still not get replaced by CPJ.

And a ton of people after seem never to have a problem with it.

Deleted member 2897

I rub the genie's bottle and use my 1st wish to go back and undo that 4th and 7 attempt at a fake punt from our own 24 so that we can beat Pitt and make it to the ACC Championship Game as Coastal Champion.

Then I rub the genie's bottle a second time and replace 10 Georgia Board of Regents members that are UGA alums with Tech alums. That way its now 12-2 in our favor instead of the other way around.

With that new found power, I broaden our degree programs (without weakening them), getting into areas like Sports Medicine. I also dramatically change the funding allocations, so that when people are giving their millions back to Georgia Tech every year through Roll Call etc, a larger percentage of that goes into Athletics.

Finally, I rub the genie's bottle a third time and request that the entire campus over at the cesspool get condemned for polluting the environment.

No one needs to go. Offense is not the issue with this team. You all need to go listen to CPJ presser. It is and always has been about the Defense at tech, regardless of Coaches. In 1999 we have the most explosive offense in the country, but go 8-4 because we can't stop anybody. do you remember that we had UGA down 17 late in the third and basically lost the game. Our offense is what keeps us in games. And the continued talk of recruiting.....our academics hurts defense recruiting, not offense. It is all about our lack of D-line and linebackers.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Before we get rid of Candeto shouldn’t we acknowledge that he hasn’t had a pure passer/ OB to work with ? Not sure why we have a QB coach when we don’t pass.

Preston gets a lot out of the WRs, not many passes but in this system they block their asss off.

The stand out to me is the o line, way to many missed blocks and assignments, so many that it’s hard to tell when someone is let go b/c of the play call compared to lack of recognition and whiffs

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
We need a new ILB coach badly. Move Mac somewhere else or see if he wants to be the recruiting coordinator. Candeto I think needs to go as well. Way too many fumbles from the QBs and BBs and CPJ had to step in and "get more hands on" this year and fix some stuff. Its not a good sign if your boss has to do your job for you. We can bring Cook back or maybe find new blood. I've gone on my S&C rant earlier, so that also needs to be fixed. Give Coach Riase a raise, DL is preforming so well for only being 1 year in the system and not even being recruited for a 3-man front. I understand the Speed hate, but corner play seems to be way down across the board in football just from my casual watching. He's had success with guys in the past and I feel like we could easily downgrade there if we go looking.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about the D assistants; I suspect Coach will ask Woody and go by what he says. I'd say Speed, except he had a brand new set of DBs to work with and they played about like you would expect.

On O, I'd say Candeto mainly because Coach had to take over the QBs himself to get rid of the uncertainties there. But … he did a good job with the BBs this year; losing a player like Benson and not seeing a massive falloff of production is worth noting. Same with Preston; we didn't throw enough this year to show what he was telling the WRs and–#1 with a bullet–they all blocked well this year.

Glad I don't have to make these decisions.