Let’s reminisce. What’s your favorite Clean Old-Fashioned Hate moment?

Jolly Good Fellow
Ahem 1972...... we had a bunch called up that year, but few played.

Nationally Archie Griffin started in '72 & Dorsett in '73.
But, since you said, "...we had a bunch called up that year, but few played."
Who played? Seems like something I'd have remembered.. maybe kick coverage? Joe?
Oh well, 50 years is two lifetimes and nobody cares except me and you anyhow!!!!

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
But, since you said, "...we had a bunch called up that year, but few played."
Who played? Seems like something I'd have remembered.. maybe kick coverage? Joe?
Oh well, 50 years is two lifetimes and nobody cares except me and you anyhow!!!!
EO, Steve Raible, Rudy Allen, Herbie Scales. Mark Hunter, maybe Jeff Urczyk, and a few others..... those are the notables.

Jolly Good Fellow
LOL... I am sitting with Herb right now and he says that he was never called up as a freshman... but he thanks you for remembering him
AND..in an incredible coincidence, that you will appreciate more than anyone on this forum....Herb's son, Patrick, is the long snapper for the Chicago Bears...

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
AND..in an incredible coincidence, that you will appreciate more than anyone on this forum....Herb's son, Patrick, is the long snapper for the Chicago Bears...
Herb's got a phone full of shots of his son..... I would, too! Didn't see the big redhead at any home games this year.... please give him my best of this holiday season. Tell him to push Lucius for another spring outing, That was a very special group of OL.... by '75 they owned the single season rushing mark that stood until CPJ came along. Mark Hunter, Herbie, Alex Bryan, Leo Tierney, Ed Senules, Elliott Price, just to name a few....... though Leo played as IIRC a DE as a FROG, before becoming an A-A Center.

Jolly Good Fellow
Herb's got a phone full of shots of his son..... I would, too! Didn't see the big redhead at any home games this year.... please give him my best of this holiday season. Tell him to push Lucius for another spring outing, That was a very special group of OL.... by '75 they owned the single season rushing mark that stood until CPJ came along. Mark Hunter, Herbie, Alex Bryan, Leo Tierney, Ed Senules, Elliott Price, just to name a few....... though Leo played as IIRC a DE as a FROG, before becoming an A-A Center.
Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to go back and see who all played OL in 75 and 76....I thought I did but maybe not.... Actually, though, that looks like me...and Herb...and Bo Thomas...and David Sims...against ND in '76....Herb tells me to put the Swarm app away...nobody cares about 1975 or 76.....Dang, he is right.........

Attachments

• ND.jpeg
    ND.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to go back and see who all played OL in 75 and 76....I thought I did but maybe not.... Actually, though, that looks like me...and Herb...and Bo Thomas...and David Sims...against ND in '76....Herb tells me to put the Swarm app away...nobody cares about 1975 or 76.....Dang, he is right.........
I was pulling some names I know played in Pepper's Wishbone.... If I missed you, I probably also didn't coach you. And it is almost 50 years later.

THWG!

Bamajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Ah yes! Whipping the Irish in ‘76! Remember a big play on an end around by Drew Hill. Gary Lanier at QB. Great memories!

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I’ve never forgotten! I remember Pepper’s wishbone teams like it was yesterday. What an offense.

GTRamblerLady and I were in attendance at Grant Field when you guys upset Notre Dame with your quarterback Gary Lanier never throwing a pass! Boy, that was a memorable game.

And here’s a picture of your team when y’all played Navy, I believe it was:

1669214799803.jpeg

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

I saw a picture taken from the side of that kick just after it left his foot showing the ball clearing a Ugagger's extended hand by maybe one inch. The ball passed so close to his middle finger that I can imagine the drag on the football probably took a foot off its distance. I was there...what a game! Hangdawgs filing out after the game complaining about being beaten by our high school offense was music to my ears.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
I’ve never forgotten! I remember Pepper’s wishbone teams like it was yesterday. What an offense.

GTRamblerLady and I were in attendance at Grant Field when you guys upset Notre Dame with your quarterback Gary Lanier never throwing a pass! Boy, that was a memorable game.

And here’s a picture of your team when y’all played Navy, I believe it was:

View attachment 13576
Uniforms are *chefs kiss*

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
I find this whole conversation awesome. Two former Jackets chatting it up about the glory days. I find it fascinating because obviously I’m way younger than all of you. People don’t care about the mid 70’s because we weren’t around, that’s all!