Let’s reminisce. What’s your favorite Clean Old-Fashioned Hate moment?

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
1974 in absolutely awful weather in Sanford and Son stadium. The only win during my 5 years at Tech.
I was there also. My freshman year. Pepper and I came in together and went out together.

Did this happen in that game: We got into a third down and long situation and Pepper punted on third down. Either the punt was blocked or snap dropped but because it was a third down punt we got to punt again on fourth down. My memory is getting very hazy on those old games.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
I remember Bobby Dodd 1989, lower East, sitting next to a dawg fan in his 20s who was stunned watching us death march down the field near the end of the game. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing. We were blowing them off the line, 4-5 yards every play.
I finally looked at him and said “yes, we’re going to finish beating you and there is nothing you can do about it”.
How many yards did Jerry Mays have that day?

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I really do like the 1999 Jasper Sanks fumble.

My wife and I were visiting friends in Tennessee. We watched the game on TV. There was little to know time on the clock. We couldn’t stop UGA. One of our friends said “I’m sorry, it looks like you guys are going to lose today”. And then this (much jumping off the couch happened, and he’s not even a GT fan):

You can't show that without helping see people see how it ends!

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
2008, after so many heartbreakers in a row, especially the brutal deciding plays in 04, 05, and 06, and then the first half seemed like "oh, no, more of the same, we can't stop them" only to just be setting up that second half.

And the also-much-discussed 99 game is the runner up.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Has anyone mentioned the one where O'leary kicked the FG on 3rd down and then got another chance on 4th down?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
My favorite moment isn't actually from a game we won. UGA 2010, nesbitt is out washington is n his 3rd start. We are losign 35-34 and uga is driving at the end of the game. Johnson tells our defense to let them score as that is the only chance we have at getting the ball back. We score. Now on TV this moemnt wouldn't be felt. But in the statdium with 95000 screaming dwag fans.. the stadium goes suddenly silent before the extra point. When the realize. they have not stopped us all day, there's about 3 minutes on the clock and now we have a chance to tie it. I miss that. That fear.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
That was the Jaspar Sanks fumble game? Never realized that but I've got the 3rd down FG try seared into my brain. Brilliant is right!
Yes, both in the same game. The fumble allowed us to get into OT. We intercepted on their first possession. We had the FG attempt blocked on 3rd down. Won the game on 4th down FG.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
My favorite moment isn't actually from a game we won. UGA 2010, nesbitt is out washington is n his 3rd start. We are losign 35-34 and uga is driving at the end of the game. Johnson tells our defense to let them score as that is the only chance we have at getting the ball back. We score. Now on TV this moemnt wouldn't be felt. But in the statdium with 95000 screaming dwag fans.. the stadium goes suddenly silent before the extra point. When the realize. they have not stopped us all day, there's about 3 minutes on the clock and now we have a chance to tie it. I miss that. That fear.
That is probably my favorite moment in the entire series. Followed by the Qua-ntum Leap in 2016 Mrs. HurricaneJacket took the one photo that ended up in the AJC of the scoreboard before they wiped it.

After that it's the 2014 game (watched with my wife and dawg MIL because we were going on a cruise for our honeymoon that Christmas and hadn't bought tickets) and then the 2008 2nd half which is what converted me from a Tennessee fan to a GT fan after I was accepted out of high school.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
1669066876431.png

I don't know if it's my favorite, but it's up there.

Edit: for those that want to relive it

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
I remember Bobby Dodd 1989, lower East, sitting next to a dawg fan in his 20s who was stunned watching us death march down the field near the end of the game. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing. We were blowing them off the line, 4-5 yards every play.
I finally looked at him and said “yes, we’re going to finish beating you and there is nothing you can do about it”.
Jerry Mays simply said get on my back boys! Goff "They took us to the woodshed"