Leonard's Losers...

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Gotta go way, way, way back for "Football Review", Sunday mornings. Furman Bisher, Jesse Outlar, Jim Minter, John Logue, Harry Mehre, Ed Danforth, et al. They would dissect the results of the previous day's games. Great stuff, real sports writers, the likes of which no longer exist.

Great memory. Thanks for bringing this one up.

Remember sitting there with my Dad watching this every week. Great stuff.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Always listened to it on the radio on family trips back and forth to Kentucky. I distinctly remember him drawl many times:, "Leonard's losers: Tennessee ".

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't get me wrong I love seeing every game on TV but I still miss listening to Al and Kim on the radio. Leonard's Losers was part of that Saturday morning routine during my youth.

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't get me wrong I love seeing every game on TV but I still miss listening to Al and Kim on the radio. Leonard's Losers was part of that Saturday morning routine during my youth.
With you on that... I liked Wes, and I liked Brandon... Having a tougher time with Andy, largely owing to the irritating "growl" with things turn exciting... But nothing compares to Big Al and the Young Left Hander...

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I was enjoying the recollections of all the 5* personalities I have enjoyed over the last half century and then I read your post.

Finebaum. We'd be better off with nobody.

Fortunately for us, Paul has his head so far up Saban's back side, I doubt he even knows where Atlanta is.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Who remembers WGST channel 17 on UHF. Sunday evenings would be the coaches show. If I can remember the order it was The Johnny Majors show, the Shug Jordan show, Vince Dooley, Bud Carson..Pepper Rogers, and last and best was the Bear Bryant show.. Brought to you by Coca Cola and Golden Flake potato chips.....That's a Bingo....When your down on the goal line and you're in the bone, you give the ball to Musso.

I think the call letters were WTCG and would later become WTBS (Ted's Super Station and Cable Brave's Game Carrier to the world) and now WPCH.
WGST is the old GT radio call letters ;)