Legends of the Flats day

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
So, I'm curious. What is everyone expecting?
I have seen little info on this other than there will be former players coming to the open practice.

Is this also a fan event in the sense that there will be autographs, photo opportunities? Will there be concessions? Will the mobile bookstore be open with discount provided to season ticket holders?

Just curious of what to expect. Won't be disappointed regardless as it's on my birthday and cannot think of a better way to spend it than with some GT legends!

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
So, I'm curious. What is everyone expecting?
I have seen little info on this other than there will be former players coming to the open practice.

Is this also a fan event in the sense that there will be autographs, photo opportunities? Will there be concessions? Will the mobile bookstore be open with discount provided to season ticket holders?

Just curious of what to expect. Won't be disappointed regardless as it's on my birthday and cannot think of a better way to spend it than with some GT legends!
The way I understand it, practice will be open to former players only. I'm sure there will be an awesome video or two of everything that goes down, but I think that's as close as us regular fans will get to participating.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
The way I understand it, practice will be open to former players only. I'm sure there will be an awesome video or two of everything that goes down, but I think that's as close as us regular fans will get to participating.

I heard it was an open practice. If you watch A Players Perspective, they mentioned they want fans to come out.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Just got confirmation that it is players only. Ken swilling mentioned he thought originally it was open, but have been told now it is players only....

Big bummer for me. This would of been a great way to gain fanbase "buzz". Give us fans something we have been missing for years.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Just got confirmation that it is players only. Ken swilling mentioned he thought originally it was open, but have been told now it is players only....

Big bummer for me. This would of been a great way to gain fanbase "buzz". Give us fans something we have been missing for years.

Big picture takeaway... Getting all of the Letterman back on campus may very well lead to multiple experiences like the one you were hoping to have come March 30th.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer

Dont fret. There will be open practices for fans as well. I think the AD is playing this the right way, by only allowing players this time. I have a feeling this is going to create a YUGE social media buzz

I’m in the same boat. :( Necessary surgery that can only be scheduled around work if I do it on the 24th. Doubly frustrating, given how much of the Fall season I had to give up for medical reasons. :mad::mad::mad:
Yep, we're in the same boat, except I had my surgery (back) last week. What I had initially thought would be a relatively easy recovery is not easy so far in the least. Even though the Spring Game is still almost 6 weeks away, the thought of driving (or even riding) 6 hours in one day right now seems totally impossible.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Yep, we're in the same boat, except I had my surgery (back) last week. What I had initially thought would be a relatively easy recovery is not easy so far in the least. Even though the Spring Game is still almost 6 weeks away, the thought of driving (or even riding) 6 hours in one day right now seems totally impossible.
:( I was looking forward to seeing you (and others) for the Spring Game. Be strong, and I'll see you in the Fall. (y)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Get well. Do your exercises.
Looking forward to seeing you in April or September.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Hope you are doing OK take it easy if you can't make the spring game we'll try and get together again during the season. ( i'm trying to hold off on my knee replacement)