legarrette Blount

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
This guy was thought of as a thug after punching a Boise State player after a game. High risk player who was given a chance by the league and making the most of it. Jonathan Dwyer in the same draft came into the combine out of shape and his stock dropped. I've watched these two running backs and felt Dwyer had more talent and would succeed way before I ever imagined Blount would. Blount has been a force this season while Dwyer has faded away. I hope Dwyer is given one more chance because the guy is really gifted. He just has to want it!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This guy was thought of as a thug after punching a Boise State player after a game. High risk player who was given a chance by the league and making the most of it. Jonathan Dwyer in the same draft came into the combine out of shape and his stock dropped. I've watched these twing backs and felt Dwyer had more talent and would succeed way before I ever imagined Blount would. Blount has been a force this season while Dwyer has faded away. I hope Dwyer is given o runnone more chance because the guy is really gifted. He just has to want it!

Dwyer in 2008 was just an awe to watch. Power, breakaway speed, ability to cut and readjust past the LOS. Lost a step in 2009 and some of the nastiness of 2008 but still a great BB. Remember, this guy put up nasty numbers without a lead blocker. I always thought he would be a better pro back because he had no lead blocker in college and it would help him that much more with one in the NFL. He pretty much ruined the BB position for GT fans.

Dwyer has shown flashes here and there in the pros. Just hasn't had the opportunity to get consistent carries. He doesn't have many miles on those legs so that's going to work for him. He just needs to leave the Steelers and get in camp with a team that can give him carries. Someone like the Falcons!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Amen, brother!

What they euphemistically refer to as a "coaching staff" up at Pittsburg is incapable of seeing what they have in Dwyer. With a couple of exceptions, he has delivered 80 - 100 yards every time he has 20 carries. And this with the crew of minimally talented fatboys they have as an OL. If the Steelers had any sense at all, they'd do what the Chargers did this year and run the fricking football. But no, that would be too easy and makes too much sense. Instead, they let Rothisberger get killed by opposing DLs and, predictably, lose relentlessly.

I hope that Dwyer gets a chance with a team that will recognize what they have, motivate him, and run the ball. Whoever does that is going to look like a genius in short order.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Blount's a free agent after the season. Give Dwyer to Coach Hoodie and he'll either make him or break him.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I don't think Dwyer ever really got a great chance up in Pittsburgh, but takethepoints I'm sorry you are just flat out wrong. They ran plenty with Bell, and he's probably the reason they almost snuck into the playoffs. Still hoping Dwyer gets released and catches on with another team.

This guy was thought of as a thug after punching a Boise State player after a game. High risk player who was given a chance by the league and making the most of it. Jonathan Dwyer in the same draft came into the combine out of shape and his stock dropped. I've watched these two running backs and felt Dwyer had more talent and would succeed way before I ever imagined Blount would. Blount has been a force this season while Dwyer has faded away. I hope Dwyer is given one more chance because the guy is really gifted. He just has to want it!
Yes he was a thug. The NFL is a league of thugs. The better teams have more thugs than the rest of the teams. When you start to slip in the NFL it means you don't have enough thugs, or that your thugs are getting older. Dwyer is a lot of things, but I don't think he is a thug. Therefore he is not useful to most teams. Arthur Blank basically just said, "We need more thugs."

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
He just looks so much slower now than in college. The guy has immense natural talent and I hope he can shine somewhere but he's got to get into and stay in shape.

DSGB

Jolly Good Fellow
Dwyer has immense talent. Not sure what he has now. Say what you want about Blount but he has been a feature back in the NFL. It's not about being a thug. It's about production. Blount has produced. Dwyer hasn't to this point.

If We didn't see Dwyer in 2007 and 2008, no one would be advocating for him now. That was a long time ago.