LeBarrie suspended indefinitely?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hearing LaBarrie actually left the program about a week ago. Either that or he would’ve got investigated. Whole thing stems around a situation in which is why justin was suspended for those 2 games earlier in the season. LaBarrie supposedly gave him and Nassir Little money to go to the strip club on Little’s recruiting trip. Was waiting till they announced his departure to inform you guys, But I honestly have no clue why this is taking so long.
Wow! Hard to believe that he did that knowing the consequences... [emoji36][emoji853]

ASURAMS07

Jolly Good Fellow
Hearing LaBarrie actually left the program about a week ago. Either that or he would’ve got investigated. Whole thing stems around a situation in which is why justin was suspended for those 2 games earlier in the season. LaBarrie supposedly gave him and Nassir Little money to go to the strip club on Little’s recruiting trip. Was waiting till they announced his departure to inform you guys, But I honestly have no clue why this is taking so long.

The Cheetah???

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
What's frustrating is almost everything relating to hoops was self-inflicted
I understand wanting to get a guy like NAS to a degree, but I feel we spent too much time and resources on him, to the point that Dlab somewhat screwed up his career bc he felt him going to a strip club would help land him ( I don't place blame on him but hate how the program has become somewhat unglued). Of course, I'm assuming this is true from what I'm reading...not claiming to know anything myself.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

The old Stephon Marbury treatment...

That sucks and I'd bet money this happens all the time all over the country, but with us under the gun because of Ron Bell, we're getting the heat for it.

I wish this had never happened and he was still on our sideline, but if DLaB is in fact gone, I wish him the best and I hope he gets another chance to coach somewhere.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

The question now moves to...who reported that? Hmm...

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Assume for a moment it is true. From whom did the money come? Was it DLab acting on his own, or did someone else in the GTAA reach into the petty cash box for a couple hundred bucks? If it was someone else, did CJP know about it? If not, why not? If so, why is he still at GT?

I think the question of what happened is still open. This story seems concocted.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I think the question of what happened is still open. This story seems concocted.

I have absolutely no information other than what is public, but I would say that the rumor as reported doesn't seem plausible.

Moore played on the 19th, so violations couldn't have been known to the program on that date. If the rumored allegations are correct, then they would have: been reported, investigated by GT, reported to the NCAA, and received a decision from the NCAA between 4:00PM on Sunday and 2:00PM on Wednesday. That seems to be a very tight timeline especially considering that the rumor involves basketball staff providing the impermissible benefits.

A coach leaving the program does not stop an investigation. If the rumor is true, then the NCAA will be interested in: has this occurred with other recruits/players, where the money came from, who else in the program was aware of it, training and oversight of basketball personnel to prevent such things, .... The training and oversight investigation would probably be even more harsh since this rumor is about a program employee providing benefits and GT just had another impermissible benefit reported less than a month before. Resigning would not stop an investigation. As a matter of fact, if the rumor is true, I would expect the NCAA to investigate GT for lack of institutional control. It would look like the GT players either don't know the rules or don't care, and that the coaches either don't know the rules or don't care.

Gtfrom718

Georgia Tech Fan
Story is most likely false, came from a comment on a reddit post discussing corruption in college basketball, sounded believable though. Guess we’ll see when they finally release statements.

Gtfrom718

Georgia Tech Fan
Also read justin Is gone after this season, already asked for transfer papers and is going to a school in San Diego.