Latest Line Move on GT/Clem

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Idk how people are betting the other side of that line.

1) always bet on underdogs early. You don’t know what teams you have.

2) when’s the last time we lost to anybody by that margin? 2007?

3) they could completely stomp us and still not win by more than 5 TDs with garbage time points.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer

3) they could completely stomp us and still not win by more than 5 TDs with garbage time points.

I know it’s sad, but 57-20 doesn’t seem that unlikely.

Animal02

Banned

It is Vegas trying to balance the bets. Sounds like there are not enough willing to bet on an unknown.....so they are trying to make it more attractive.

Beerbrewingjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Yeah I mean Steak on 680 was just saying “how do they even score?Especially against Clemson’s 1st team. Maybe against their backups in third quarter? I don’t see how they score. Maybe a late field goal. It’s just too much change on offense.”

I mean it really sucks getting treated like we are the citadel or something.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I can certainly see lay people, not serious bettors, riding high on Clemson's demolition of Alabama and looking at the predictions for our season of 3-4 wins betting on Clemson.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck

Exactly. They could blow us out 51-17 and we still cover. I think the game will be an easy Clemson win in the 20s, which is an easy cover for us.

Frankly, with no gold tinted shades on, I don't like this game if I am Clemson.
1. Clemson has no idea what to prepare for. No starters named and no film to watch.
2. Tech has the best punter in the country
3. Tech has a very dangerous return guy
4. Being Clemson I am 1 injury away from being potent to being pretty good on offense. Trevor Lawrence
5. I have basically an entire new front 7 on defense
6. Tech is notoriously a tough game.
7. It is my first game and are my players thinking to walk this one home.

Just saying

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Actually, this means more $$$ is coming in on our side.

tenor.gif

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Nearly everyone must be jumping on Clemson. Glad I don’t bet.
We only lost by 28 last year.

Lawrence didn’t start that game. Dabo historically let off the gas on us because of his friendship with CPJ. Our offense was able to dominate TOP in first half.

Travis Etienne had 11 ypc and Tavien Feaster had 9 ypc.

That game could’ve easily been 40 points if Clemson wanted. It was 42-7 at one point.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
If Dabo doesn't let off the gas, we can hit their quarterback marginally. He will, and (thankfully) we won't. But Dabo isn't a fool - he's not playing to show off in week one.

The issue here is the casual fan is betting for Clemson without looking at the line. Not enough money coming in for Tech, so the line goes up without regard to the likely outcome of the game.

/

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Anybody who puts money on a 40 point favorite is IGNORANT. One of yall high rollers go drop 10k on the under and pay yalls mortgage off

Actually, early >-40 faves in college football cover more often than not, but that's usually between Power 5's and lower classifications.

I would bet on Tech, here. Clemson cannot help but take us lightly, and I think the Jackets probably beat this spread. Tech will be pumped for this game. Plenty of room for a back door cover, too.

Last edited: