Last Chance U (Season 4)

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
He doesn't like only relying on explosion. Never has actually dating back to his GS days. Explosion is unpredictable. Its good to have and you need it but boom or bust offenses are counter to how he likes to operate.

UVA 2016 was basically that as well. We scored what 4 from 60 out?

Our best teams were our most explosive so I find this a little hard to believe.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Why? No coach likes relying on big plays. It's not a trait that would be unique to CPJ. No coach minds big plays, but if you have to rely on home runs to score, then you need to relook at your offensive game plan.

@knoxjacket i agree. Sorta of oxymoron. He may not wanted to be that but that’s what it became. 90% of our passing game were vertical shots 30+yds down the field

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
@knoxjacket i agree. Sorta of oxymoron. He may not wanted to be that but that’s what it became. 90% of our passing game were vertical shots 30+yds down the field

The passing game was meant to be explosive. Considering we passed 20-25% of the time, i's hardly indicative of CPJ relying on an explosive offense. If anything, the sxplosiveness of the passing game was set up by the consistency in the running game.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Young man, the internet is your friend.

Not defending CPJ and what he sold JJ and other recruits on, but there was enough history of what our QBs did and did not do. Simple search would have revealed it. Furthermore, ANY coach's promises or history with their team and recruits is easily found on the internet.

People have to take responsibility for their decisions.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Young man, the internet is your friend.

Not defending CPJ and what he sold JJ and other recruits on, but there was enough history of what our QBs did and did not do. Simple search would have revealed it. Furthermore, ANY coach's promises or history with their team and recruits is easily found on the internet.

People have to take responsibility for their decisions.

Also, his first year at GT, JT had 1559 yards passing. His second year at GT, TQM had 927 yards passing. More than 500 yards his second year and much more than 500 yards his first year.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Really sorry that things didn’t work out for JJ at Indy. He had a hamstring injury that he reaggrevated on a QB keeper for long yardage their first game. Then that demented coach allows the FSU head case to rejoin the team. After how things worked out for him at GT , I can see how he became disillusioned at Indy. He made a spectacular run when he hurt his hamstring very early in their first game. He is quite an athlete. He had to be very disappointed the way that played out.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Really sorry that things didn’t work out for JJ at Indy. He had a hamstring injury that he reaggrevated on a QB keeper for long yardage their first game. Then that demented coach allows the FSU head case to rejoin the team. After how things worked out for him at GT , I can see how he became disillusioned at Indy. He made a spectacular run when he hurt his hamstring very early in their first game. He is quite an athlete. He had to be very disappointed the way that played out.

JJ is a phenomenal athlete. He's got a future in football if he's willing to dedicate himself to being an offensive weapon outside of QB. He was a great fit for CPJs offense, but his skillset is better utilized outside of QB in other offeses.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
JJ is a phenomenal athlete. He's got a future in football if he's willing to dedicate himself to being an offensive weapon outside of QB. He was a great fit for CPJs offense, but his skillset is better utilized outside of QB in other offeses.
Iow, he shoulda stayed put?

Jacket4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
I’d like to defend the kid but after watching this season of Last Chance U he was easily the least talented QB on his team. His attitude did him no favors as well.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
Another potential GT connection, I think Khaya Wright's older brother is one of the QBs at Indy (Antoine "AJ" Wright).