Largest senior class in CPJ tenure

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Sugiura has article in the AJC about our distribution of classes. 2018’s team will have the most seniors CPJ has had (17). Having a lot of seniors as heavy contributors is generally a contributing factor to a good season. CPJ’s previously largest senior class was 2014. If you look at the 17 seniors they’re almost all heavy contributors with a lot of experience on the field. If we can get the defense just above average this year, it could be a fun season.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
2018 Its Time! Let s hope the ol can play well with all experienced upperclassmen. In 15 coach said the 14 ol was not as good as people said.

Surely by now the coaches have taught the seniors to play like they are "prime" steak and not just prime steak eaters.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
2018 Its Time! Let s hope the ol can play well with all experienced upperclassmen. In 15 coach said the 14 ol was not as good as people said.

Surely by now the coaches have taught the seniors to play like they are "prime" steak and not just prime steak eaters.

The 2014 offensive line may not have been as good as those of us who are casual fans thought but let me tell you in the Georgia game they were moving people out of the way. Shaq can play on my team... anytime.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Sugiura has article in the AJC about our distribution of classes. 2018’s team will have the most seniors CPJ has had (17). Having a lot of seniors as heavy contributors is generally a contributing factor to a good season. CPJ’s previously largest senior class was 2014. If you look at the 17 seniors they’re almost all heavy contributors with a lot of experience on the field. If we can get the defense just above average this year, it could be a fun season.

Well, we will see. More than most teams Tech depends on player improvement and development over time. Red shirting may not be a big deal to teams like UGA and Clemson that get oven ready athletes but to us it can be a difference maker. We are replacing some pretty good football players in the Austins, Simmons, Griffin, Step, Ricky, and Shamire Freeman and others but none of them were what you would call irreplaceable. Truth to tell, there is not that much gone from a numbers standpoint so 2018 should be a good year but I really wish we had Ricky and Amp just one more time. I think that those two will be the most difficult to replace.

Last edited:

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
This is the whole reason in 2015 I proclaimed 2018 as "our year"

I've backed off a tad bit but I do think we have a very good shot at winning the coastal. My "our year" prediction has now moved to 2020 due to the new DC.