Lamar County Trio breaking records

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
So, if I got this added up correctly - Searcy was a leg on the new state record 4x100, won the Long Jump, won the Triple Jump an was 2nd in the High Jump.

I guess the "S" on his shirt stands for more than "S"earcy. His athletic ability is stunning. Get him on the field somewhere!

So, if I got this added up correctly - Searcy was a leg on the new state record 4x100, won the Long Jump, won the Triple Jump an was 2nd in the High Jump.

I guess the "S" on his shirt stands for more than "S"earcy. His athletic ability is stunning. Get him on the field somewhere!

Can you say Babe Didrikson Zaharias?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
How did the Babe get into this? Still, anyone who could attract Alex Karis is someone we should deeply respect. Easily the greatest female athlete in history, that woman. If Qua is half as good as she was overall, we've aced the whole country by recruiting him.

Btw, Karis was one of the best DTs in football history. In Paper Lion, the movie they made about George Plimpton's attempt to play pro football, there's a great scene where he sacks Jim Hart, the pretty great Cardinals QB. Quoth Karis, as he crouched above Hart, "Oh, that hurt. I can tell they hurt. I'll be back. Soon." That's what you should say when you sack somebody.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Free snippet from KQ on Qua - https://georgiatech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1644521

"I'm excited and I move in on June 16th," Searcy said. "My mom is freaking out and she is all over me since I'm getting ready to leave."

"I'm still unsure about where I am going to play and I know both the defensive staff and offensive staff want me on their side of the ball," he said. "I don't really care I just want to play and I am really excited to get going. It doesn't matter where I end up playing as long as I can play."