Lady Jackets Win Again

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

Push their record up to 16-9. Coach MJ is looking to stack yet another 20-win season on top of her other how-many-I’ve-long-forgotten. She owns over half of our 20 win seasons in our entire program’s history IIRC.

Today they were up by 15-ish, went cold late and VT got within 3, but Pan finished with 22 and 4 others were in double figures...and so they closed the door and won by 8.

Deleted member 2897

Push their record up to 16-9. Coach MJ is looking to stack yet another 20-win season on top of her other how-many-I’ve-long-forgotten. She owns over half of our 20 win seasons in our entire program’s history IIRC.

Today they were up by 15-ish, went cold late and VT got within 3, but Pan finished with 22 and 4 others were in double figures...and so they closed the door and won by 8.

Edit: Pan with 26 pts.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
CMJ has 10 seasons with 20 wins or more in 15 seasons (according to Wikipedia). Previous coaches only had 3 20-win seasons in 29 seasons.

The weak spot on her resume is ACC play. Losing record overall (112-128 currently) and never finishing higher than 4th in the conference. Seven years finishing 8th or worse (and two more at 7th).

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
The weak spot on her resume is ACC play. Losing record overall (112-128 currently) and never finishing higher than 4th in the conference. Seven years finishing 8th or worse (and two more at 7th).
Makes sense. Talent in WBB is not as deep outside of p5.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Only one senior who does not play much and a very strong recruiting class coming in . ACC women teams appear as talented as the men so there is no to very little breathing room in ACC schedule. Watched GT women win yesterday then FSU besting Louisville. Two very aggressive and talented teams. GT Looks good now and better moving forward.

Deleted member 2897

Unfortunately we lost to a bad Virginia team on the road today. That probably dooms our chances for a 20-win season. We put up 5 points in the 2nd quarter. 5. Sad. I think this team should have been better than our record. You just can’t have games like this against bad teams where you poo the bed.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Unfortunately we lost to a bad Virginia team on the road today. That probably dooms our chances for a 20-win season. We put up 5 points in the 2nd quarter. 5. Sad. I think this team should have been better than our record. You just can’t have games like this against bad teams where you poo the bed.
The game was televised, and I watched as much as I could stomach. UVA up 20-17 at the half. Looked like they've been watching the men's games, and their shooting woes are rubbing off on them.

Deleted member 2897

Well, the Lady Jackets led at home against ranked FSU for most of the game. But they were outscored 17-4 in the 4th quarter. Yes that is correct, 4 points in an entire quarter of basketball. There will be no final 20-win season CMJ could get credit for.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, the Lady Jackets led at home against ranked FSU for most of the game. But they were outscored 17-4 in the 4th quarter. Yes that is correct, 4 points in an entire quarter of basketball. There will be no final 20-win season CMJ could get credit for.
Kinda hard to win when two starters aren't even in uniform again.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We have another thread going....hopefully you join us.....here is what I posted over there:
On the Hive, 247, one person heard at the game that CMJ cursed out a few of the players(Pan, Fletcher, who said they wouldn’t play for her again)after the Va. game.
Personally, I heard nothing at the game about that story, crickets. Some speculation concerning the investigation leading to a settlement when finished next week. Certainly a distinct possibility. Embarrassing for a program in need of positive attention.

After the loss today, only chance of NCAA Tournament is winning the ACC Tournament. Which would take a miracle, without those experienced two guards. Jasmine Carson and Lotta-M.L. are giving it their all.