Lady Jackets beat the … whatever they call the female mutt team

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bitches is the proper term according to Webster's. We won the final quarter and the opening. Never in question, LOL.
1638733147422.png

LibertyTurns

Banned
Too close for comfort. I couldn't watch the last possession as it would be so GT to blow that four point lead. My son has to tell me it was over and we won.

Sad weekend to be a dwag, hehehe.
Really amazing to me that there’s coaches that do this for a living and get paid that don’t know basic strategy. You inbound the ball up 2 with 10 secs left and instead of dribbling away from the defender to run time off the clock you just stand still & let the defender run over and foul you. We made our FTs to go up 4. Looked good. Then you have 3 fouls to give and instead of fouling before they have a chance to shoot, you let them run a play and jack a 3 cutting it to 1. That was right after a timeout so you can’t say the players did not know. Next inbounds we run the “stand still” play to let them foul again preserving more time. Miss 2 FTs (such a GT move there) with 4.5 secs left & still don’t use your fouls to run time off the clock when the inbounded the ball. That was again after a timeout where you had time to remind the team of the game situation. That was painful to watch. Our HC & staff had ZERO situational awareness. Like watching the Collins CF on a basketball court.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Really amazing to me that there’s coaches that do this for a living and get paid that don’t know basic strategy. You inbound the ball up 2 with 10 secs left and instead of dribbling away from the defender to run time off the clock you just stand still & let the defender run over and foul you. We made our FTs to go up 4. Looked good. Then you have 3 fouls to give and instead of fouling before they have a chance to shoot, you let them run a play and jack a 3 cutting it to 1. That was right after a timeout so you can’t say the players did not know. Next inbounds we run the “stand still” play to let them foul again preserving more time. Miss 2 FTs (such a GT move there) with 4.5 secs left & still don’t use your fouls to run time off the clock when the inbounded the ball. That was again after a timeout where you had time to remind the team of the game situation. That was painful to watch. Our HC & staff had ZERO situational awareness. Like watching the Collins CF on a basketball court.
Thank you for providing your championship coaching credentials. I wish you well in your quest to become the highest paid coach in land!

In all honesty, its a safer move to hold the ball and get fouled, just like taking a knee rather than run a play. (See UConn loosing their best player today) Making or missing free throws is on the player. The fouling before a shot is attempted is another risky move due to flagrant possibility (free throws and the ball) or the player being fouled throwing up a shot and getting 3 free throws. In playing and coaching at the college level (D2 D3 & NAIA) and hs levels, there is no right or wrong way in these situations, just risk assessment.

Can't you just enjoy the win? This coach took us to the sweet 16 last year yet you bash her coaching abilities? C'mon man.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
This coach took us to the sweet 16 last year yet you bash her coaching abilities? C'mon man.
She’s a helluva show(wo)man too. She revved up the crowd at half time at the men’s game with WHATS THE GOOD WORD? Any coach that beats the mutts is fine by me for a while.