Lack of toughness

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I really feel that on offense our players are lacking toughness...it shows a lot in blocking and the want to just doesn't seem there.

The biggest worry I have is at the QB position...instead of fighting for a couple of more yards and a first down he decided to get down to avoid a hit and forces a punt.

Hope to see more toughness in the UGA game.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Bryan Cook needs to get in Vad's ear about the weak *** cutbacks. I know he's playing hurt, but he's got to have confidence in his body to make a cut and work through arm tackles.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
It's kind of funny you posted this thread, Eric. I've been considering this issue for the last couple of days after when I've seen from Tech this season. There is a noticeable lack of "toughness" or "fight" or "desire" exhibited by this years team. Whether it not lowering your shoulder for a needed yard or two or failing to go up and fight a DB on a 50/50 ball or being lackadaisical in attacking the DL across from you or halfheartedly cutting the DB on corner it's happening all too often. I don't feel it's a lack of physical toughness, you don't play at this level and not be physically tough, but a lack of mental toughness that allows you to say I'm not going to fail, I will be a difference maker. Can this be coached? I don't know but I don't feel it can. This is a trait that, to me, you either have or you don't. I just don't know but I do know that one play can turn a game and I want players who put their all into the game to make that one play!

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I really feel that on offense our players are lacking toughness...it shows a lot in blocking and the want to just doesn't seem there.

The biggest worry I have is at the QB position...instead of fighting for a couple of more yards and a first down he decided to get down to avoid a hit and forces a punt.

Hope to see more toughness in the UGA game.
The will to win is not there as much as I would like. Vad is faster as has a better arm than Nesbitt and he can run the option just as well, Nesbitt was no master of the system. But he was a baller and a winner and tough as they come, some guys just have it in their head that they can't be beat. Call it cocky or over confident or whatever, that's the guys I want on the field.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
The will to win is not there as much as I would like. Vad is faster as has a better arm than Nesbitt and he can run the option just as well, Nesbitt was no master of the system. But he was a baller and a winner and tough as they come, some guys just have it in their head that they can't be beat. Call it cocky or over confident or whatever, that's the guys I want on the field.

I never doubted us getting a third or fourth and short with Nesbitt at the helm.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I think we need a wildcat option on 4th and short. That is a needed wrinkle since Nesbit left. Laskey/Custis Maybe