LaBarrie gives his story ...

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
NCAA version is that he lied to them and then also tampered with witnesses to get them to lie also. If true, he's done.

CDL's version is that he lied, recanted later and never told anyone else to lie. If true, he should get a relatively small penalty

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
NCAA version is that he lied to them and then also tampered with witnesses to get them to lie also. If true, he's done.

CDL's version is that he lied, recanted later and never told anyone else to lie. If true, he should get a relatively small penalty
LA Barrie was being interrogated by a room full of NCAA officials and he paniced, as many of us would have. He set the record straight the NEXT day at his request, after some time to think about it, as many of us would have.
He denies requesting Moore that he asked him to lie. Who you going to believe, the NCAA or La Barrie?
This is complete BS!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
Hire him back. The NCAA has repeatedly proven that their enforcement is a joke. They're going to try and screw us every couple of years just to make themselves feel like they are doing a good job, so why do we even care about them anymore?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I agree that the infraction is relatively minor.
The problem is he lied to GT and the NCAA about it. The NCAA hates nothing more than lying to them because they have no subpeona power, so when they catch people lying they will generally come down really hard on them (an the organizations they work for)

The minute he lied to the NCAA he basically became unemployable to GT in order for GT to minimize any sanctions it might get from the incident.
Yeah, I see how hard they came down on UNC for lying through their arses.

Sorry, but the NCAA simply acts like a corrupt cop whose payoffs were being threatened.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
upload_2019-4-5_9-24-41.png

This is from an article I just read and pretty much sums-up what a joke the NCAA has become ...

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The key for LaBarrie will be Justin Moore.
if he did ask Moore to be untruthful than he is going to be in big trouble. If he can prove he did not than I think his punishment will be less severe.