Kyric McGowan on Packer & Durham

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He's caught a TD in every game, and he is seemingly ALWAYS open. Our QBs need to make a point of finding him. Would have had 2 TDs against NIU if not for an underthrown ball.

GREAT example of how a good slot receiver can blow up defenses. Now our coaches can show elite slot WR recruits video of their potential production in this offense.

I'm actually really excited to see him against Clemson. Having to defend Gibbs out of the backfield and tryiing to bottle up McGowin is really going to put Clemson in a bind if Patenaude decides to use them in combo routes together.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He's caught a TD in every game, and he is seemingly ALWAYS open. Our QBs need to make a point of finding him. Would have had 2 TDs against NIU if not for an underthrown ball.

GREAT example of how a good slot receiver can blow up defenses. Now our coaches can show elite slot WR recruits video of their potential production in this offense.

I'm actually really excited to see him against Clemson. Having to defend Gibbs out of the backfield and tryiing to bottle up McGowin is really going to put Clemson in a bind if Patenaude decides to use them in combo routes together.

Guy looks like a true pro out there. Seems to have tremendous feel, which is something we've been lacking.

Lastly, because I'm a team player, I'm not even gonna chide you about spelling his name wrong. :sneaky:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Smelter had the same thing. They just seem to get open and then catch the ball when it comes their way.

Yeah, I always look at our WR's and think, "Man why can't they get separation." Then I see this McGowan dude seemingly always butt-nekked wide open out there. It's not physical tools, although I'm sure he's plenty fast, it's feel and field-IQ.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Yeah, I always look at our WR's and think, "Man why can't they get separation." Then I see this McGowan dude seemingly always butt-nekked wide open out there. It's not physical tools, although I'm sure he's plenty fast, it's feel and field-IQ.
He reads the defense really well and does seem to have a knack through these first two games in finding the gaps and then sitting in them. That TD in the back of the end zone was pure broken coverage exploitation and I am here for it.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Just want to throw this out there for all the people who were so concerned about losing Ahmarean Brown. Brown has 3 catches for 21 yards and 0 TDs for SC. His replacement (McGowan) has 9 catches for 123 yards and 3 TDs. That being said, hopefully Brown hauls in 20 catches for 300 yards and 5 TDs this weekend lol.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I always look at our WR's and think, "Man why can't they get separation." Then I see this McGowan dude seemingly always butt-nekked wide open out there. It's not physical tools, although I'm sure he's plenty fast, it's feel and field-IQ
It's like Wayne Gretzky used to say. "A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be." Well, easy for him to say, but the same thing holds for great WRs. Jerry Rice wasn't all that physically talented, but he knew where to go so that the ball would get to him. And once he taught Joe Montana to look for him everything worked out well.

That is putting McGowan in pretty fast company and is probably saying too much about his talent. But there is no denying that he seems to know where the ball is going to be be. We'll see how that works against a really good D this weekend.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
It's like Wayne Gretzky used to say. "A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be." Well, easy for him to say, but the same thing holds for great WRs. Jerry Rice wasn't all that physically talented, but he knew where to go so that the ball would get to him. And once he taught Joe Montana to look for him everything worked out well.

That is putting McGowan in pretty fast company and is probably saying too much about his talent. But there is no denying that he seems to know where the ball is going to be be. We'll see how that works against a really good D this weekend.
I took this to mean that you believe our guy, the Get-Bak coach is approaching WG level.
#kg01biGTime