Kyler Murray rumored to transfer out of Texas A&M

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Just thought this might be interesting to look into. He's a freshman QB who is reportedly going to transfer out of Texas A&M. Maybe not totally likely since he's easily their best QB prospect, but if he does he'd seem like he'd be great for our system. 5'10, 185 lbs, and runs a sub 4.4s 40. Who does that sound like?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...er-murray-also-reportedly-intends-to-transfer

Some highlights I found of him from this year as a true freshman (mind the competition):

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Just thought this might be interesting to look into. He's a freshman QB who is reportedly going to transfer out of Texas A&M. Maybe not totally likely since he's easily their best QB prospect, but if he does he'd seem like he'd be great for our system. 5'10, 185 lbs, and runs a sub 4.4s 40. Who does that sound like?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...er-murray-also-reportedly-intends-to-transfer

Some highlights I found of him from this year as a true freshman (mind the competition):

Dude he is nasty..if he came here that would be incredible. I highly doubt it though. I could see him going to a place like Houston.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I read a lot of speculation that he might go the JUCO route to pursue a baseball career quicker since he was a pretty highly rated baseball player too but that would be pretty amazing if we got him somehow.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Like others, I'd be SHOCKED to see him come here, but certainly hope CPJ will at least give him a call because you never know. He would be an incredible fit for our offense

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Allen is near Dallas - top level every year type school

Can't imagine us being able to get him (54 passing TD & 20 plus rushing TD ) unless we throw him a smelter - try baseball then football as a backup while getting a great education.

We get 3 guys from Texas in one year is mathematically impossible.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
His photo even looked a little like Justin Thomas running the ball for us, but in another uniform.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Not sure if true, especially since the starter Kyle Allen is leaving. Talking about attrition, losing 3 QBs in 2 years including 2 starters

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Holy crap...Kyle Allen, a 5 star QB, is already out the door and transferring to Houston. The previous season, Kenny Hill who lit South Carolina up in his first start, transferred during the season. Now Kyler Murray?!!

Not sure what's going on in College Station, but Kevin Sumlin is going through blue chip QBs like they're on a fire sale at Walmart. Sumlin may end up kicking himself for saying Johnny Manziel won't be missed.

scrappy_95

Georgia Tech Fan
Will never come here and I personally don't want him. I live in Texas and followed his career since his freshman year at Allen HS. He is probably the best Texas HS QB EVER. Tall tell but anyone in Texas that knows HS football and will probably say the same. Started all 4 years in HS and never lost a game and AHS is 6A football. He is a good kid who teammates like BUT

1. He doesn't like contact at all. He will never be able to force the pitch key to commit on the inside veer, or run the midline and keep the ball, as he doesn't want to get hit. As many issues that JT might have with some of his footwork and fundamentals, you can't deny that he is a hard nose kid that is not scared of taking a hit and getting back up. It is hard to find a clip of Murray taking a single hit in HS or at A&M. He shys away from all contact. Him and JT are only alike in size and speed but that is it.
2. His Dad is very involved, which is not bad. My dad was very involved in my athletic career and there are dads that are this board that are involved in their kids career, but he is more Craig James involved and less Mr. Days involved.
3. The rumor (Yes rumor) around here, so take it as such, was that Sumlin told both son and dad that Murray was not really a pro prospect at QB and that he could stay at QB but if we wanted to play pro, he would need to try a slot receiver role. Sumlin knows Murray's desire to play pro ball, so he was honest with him. They decided to transfer to give his son at better shot at a pro baseball career. Would not surprise if he doesn't play football again.

Just my two cent, please don't take as gospel. I told myself I would try to contribute to this board a little more if I had info to share

BTW-A&M fans are more delusional than UGA fans. There program has not accomplish anything since the 50s, yet they think they are a top 10 program. Sumlin is a great coach who has raised the profile of their program greater than anyone else. Sumlin's problem is that he is honest with kids. The same issues the CPJ has. Some kids and parents can't handle it. The biggest difference is CPJ is dealing with 3stars and CKS is dealing with 5stars, who are not use to hearing the truth about their ability. You talk to Case Keenan and other QB who Sumlin coaches before A&M and they love the guy. A Conner Shaw type kid would be all world for CKS at A&M and would not be scared of the challenge but excel at it, but it would be hard to turn down a 5 star that wants to play for you.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Allen is near Dallas - top level every year type school

Can't imagine us being able to get him (54 passing TD & 20 plus rushing TD ) unless we throw him a smelter - try baseball then football as a backup while getting a great education.

We get 3 guys from Texas in one year is mathematically impossible.
... Well not impossible, but out to at least the 3rd or 4th sigma range. [emoji3]

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
So Kyle Allen's transfer made Kyler Murray far more important to the football team. Because with Allen gone he'll be expected at spring practice which directly conflicts with baseball. Sumlin and staff convinced the kid to pass up a first round baseball contract to come to a&m because they made promises to this young man and his family and now they can't deliver. Smh. This kid may have missed out on a once in a lifetime opportunity