Kyle Cerge-Henderson video

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Gary Brown is going to have to do better if he wants the take that guard spot from Shamire. I think all of the praise of Gary is the coaches pushing Shamire to perform better.

It's one drill, wouldn't take much from it IMO...main thing I took is Gary Brown is in great shape.

Take what guard spot for Shamire? They are both backups right now.

and the praise of Gary isn't anything trying to push Shamire...he won scout team player of the year for a reason. He has a bright future ahead of him.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Gary Brown is going to have to do better if he wants the take that guard spot from Shamire. I think all of the praise of Gary is the coaches pushing Shamire to perform better.
You could look at that another way, that KCH is able to beat a guy like Gary Brown and create disruption. He was damn quick off the ball!

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
All one on one drills for lineman are advantage defense. Not hard when the defense knows it's a base block or a drive block. The defensive lineman will just stay low and at worst go to the ground in the hole. Take this video with a grain of salt

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think #73 more than holds his own. The defender isn't pushed back, but that'll never happen in this drill unless someone uses bad technique or is overwhelmed. I think in this drill, the win goes to the offensive player. He moved the defender laterally, opening a hole.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about needing salt with that clip. As Eric said it is one clip of one repetition of a drill involving two of our Tech guys. So what I took from it was that they both looked to be big and strong guys giving serious effort in practice.

I hope those two put that on repeat for the next 5 months and then we can see them unleashed on Tech's opponents.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Kyle looked not only strong but quick this week. I was pleasantly surprised. He's probably fairly lost out there at the moment, but his effort sure isn't lacking. Looked like he had the mindset that he belonged.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I'm probably missing something obvious but the clip cuts out the first drill. It shows two players in 3-pt stance, then cuts to two different players in 3-pt stance who finish the drill.

Jackethawk

Jolly Good Fellow
Brown looked pretty good there. Those drills are hard for o-linemen because a stalemate is a win for the defense. Brown shows great pad level and quick feet. Good hip bend too. Knocks Henderson off the ball. Better hand placement and that is a pancake. If that is the dive play, then the b-back is into the second level.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
I wish Kendarius were as big as the video makes him look. I think they've put a few lbs. on him, but nothing exciting yet. He's pretty long and lean still.

All one on one drills for lineman are advantageok defense. Not hard when the defense knows it's a base block or a drive block. The defensive lineman will just stay low and at worst go to the ground in the hole. Take this video with a grain of salt
Love your avatar. Looks like a lovely little girl I had years ago.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
At least in that one rep Kyle looks good for a tr-fr. I liked the look of his lower body....tree trunk legs, wide hips, big butt. If he consistently plays with that kind of leverage and pad level he can develop into a good one!