Kudos to UGA Basketball

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
It appears the UGA men's basketball team is finally on the rise once again. This makes for a healthy round of competition between Tech and UGA for all future games. I think both Tech and UGA having good basketball programs will entice more in-State players to remain in the State to play for both GT and UGA. I think it favors both teams for recruiting in Georgia for both programs to be at a high level.

It is even becoming obvious that Georgia State is building a good reputation for basketball. I think this also helps recruting in the State for State teams. We someday might be like North Carolina and have a dynasty of good College Basketball in the State. This would build good competition between in-State rivals and increase the attendance at each school.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I wish UGA nothing but failure in anything they endeavor to do. Nothing makes me happier than to see the University [sic] of Georgia - Athens strike out in abject failure (except GT success).

I will say this is has been more from 30 years of dealing with their fans than anyone who attended the school. For the most part, the students (and alumni) I've dealt with have been gracious and fun spirited (especially the co-eds).

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Then there is the philosophy that states the reason a person is always downing other people is that they feel inferior and try to pull others down to their level. Those who feel good about themselves normally speak well of others.

Any insults against UGA does not make our team better than their's; the only thing that makes our team better than another team is to beat them. Each individual is normally his own worst enemy. Our decisions and attitude in life determine the outcome of our lives. The second commandment from the New Testament says, "Love thy neighbor as thyself". This means we should have self confidence in our selves, but we should have the same confidence in others; we should treat others as we want to be treated.

Trying to pull others down to our level does not help us, and certainly does not help others. Those who want to be viewed as a good person will try to make others around him better persons, even those who attend other colleges and universities.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Then there is the philosophy that states the reason a person is always downing other people is that they feel inferior and try to pull others down to their level. Those who feel good about themselves normally speak well of others.
Any insults against UGA does not make our team better than their's; the only thing that makes our team better than another team is to beat them. Each individual is normally his own worst enemy. Our decisions and attitude in life determine the outcome of our lives. The second commandment from the New Testament says, "Love thy neighbor as thyself". This means we should have self confidence in our selves, but we should have the same confidence in others; we should treat others as we want to be treated.

Trying to pull others down to our level does not help us, and certainly does not help others. Those who want to be viewed as a good person will try to make others around him better persons, even those who attend other colleges and universities.
Thank you Dr. Joyce Brothers for so aptly psychoanalyzing me. I always wondered why I haven't been successful in life (just don't tell my wife and kids). Your ability to deduce my self-confidence from a comment about our archrival on the basis I provided is astounding!

How dare you condescend to me on a message board.

We can debate teams/institutions versus individuals if you want, but it seems you'd rather pontificate (by the way, your mixing philosophies from your first to second paragraph: they are mutually exclusive). It's interesting that the phrase "my two favorite teams are Georgia Tech and whomever is playing Georgia" came around long, long before we ever were the red-headed step child here in Georgia. I'd venture to guess if we were to poll Tech alumni and students (of all ages) there would be overwhelming disdain (bordering on hate) for all things UGA. I'm pretty sure most of us don't tie our self-worth to the success of GT or the failure of UGA; however, most will celebrate our successes and their failures, to varying degrees.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
This thread has caused me to stop and reflect. I count many friends and loved ones as UGA alums and fans. After much thought and soul searching I have come to the conclusion that the good word is still, "To hell with Georgia!"

How 'bout them dawgs?

Piss on 'em.