Kudos to the defense

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Let's face it, we are a bad defense. Today, the players played with good effort and were disruptive forcing some Pitt mistakes. The coaches seemed willing to bring the pressure from some different looks and it worked out well for us. It's going to be feast or famine if we do that, but that's what many of us were calling for. We benefited from the slew of fumbles, but the creativity in scheme and solid effort is the recipe for this team that can win some games with a good offense.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure why I don't feel better. Offense is a juggxrnaught, kickoffs usually sail through the end zone, turnovers galore, 56 points and a mile of yards on offense.

But Is it asking too much to force a punt every now and then?

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure why I don't feel better. Offense is a juggxrnaught, kickoffs usually sail through the end zone, turnovers galore, 56 points and a mile of yards on offense.

But Is it asking too much to force a punt every now and then?

No kidding. They avg about 8 yards a play and we averaged 8 yards a a play. We won due to their turnovers, plain and simple. Let's face it, they broke a ncaa record of turnovers in a quarter and it was a two possession game at one point. Very frustrating

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
I suppose forcing turnovers is better than forcing punts and I did like the blitz packages, but as far as giving up yards and points, we couldn't be worse if we had Derek Dooley coaching us.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It's all conjecture really, but I thought we could have outscored them even without the turnovers. It would have been close, though.

Our d guys play as hard as they can. That's gotta count for something.

Henrymcg

Georgia Tech Fan
We may not have a highly touted defense but you can tell they play for each other & they do not shy away from playing tuff ... Tyler Boyd had a great game but I noticed he wasn't eager to go after it sometimes.. maybe hits add up. I think we're getting 100% out of what we got. Respect.