Kudos to GT training staff

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Last Sunday my daughter (a GT cheerleader) tore her ACL during a cheerleading competition. Since that time, the training staff and the team doctor have really exceeded my expectations. My daughter is a non-scholarship athlete, yet it seems to me that she was treated like she was DeAndre Smelter. The staff has given her therapy multiple times, scheduled the MRI and the consultation with orthopedic surgeon, carried her to the doctor appointments that were off campus, and handled the insurance paperwork.

Tomorrow she goes for the consultation with the orthopedic surgeon to discuss when/how the surgery will take place. Once again, one of the trainers will take her to the appointment. They are truly some of the nicest people you will ever want to meet. I cannot thank them enough.

In my opinion, we have a crack staff that we should all be proud of. It makes me very happy that our athletes are being well taken care off. It could just be that part of the reason we were 11-3 is that our training staff made sure our athletes were healthy and ready to play every Saturday!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Sorry to hear about your daughter but very glad she has been getting the proper care. Tell her to get well soon & I look forward to seeing her cheering on the White & Gold come September!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
In my opinion, we have a crack staff that we should all be proud of. It makes me very happy that our athletes are being well taken care off. It could just be that part of the reason we were 11-3 is that our training staff made sure our athletes were healthy and ready to play every Saturday!

Two biggest parts of an athletic program that plays a bigger part than most fans realize is the Strength and Conditioning staff and the medical staff. Very integral part of every team's success.

Sorry to hear about your daughter...hope she's heals quickly to cheer our boys on this fall!

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
I too am sorry to hear what happened to your daughter, but very, very glad to hear she's being well taken care of even if she is not on athletic scholarship.

I will assume she will be able to use the training facilities and guidance of the staff to rehab, too. This is a wonderful story to hear coming from an occurrence of serious injury. Hope she heals up well!!

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
I too am sorry to hear what happened to your daughter, but very, very glad to hear she's being well taken care of even if she is not on athletic scholarship.

I will assume she will be able to use the training facilities and guidance of the staff to rehab, too. This is a wonderful story to hear coming from an occurrence of serious injury. Hope she heals up well!!
Yes, she has full access to the training facilities and the weight room. As a matter of fact the cheerleaders (even the non-scholarship ones) are required to do physical conditioning on a regular schedule. It includes both cardio and strength training.