Kudos for the game

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
First, on the lines:

• That was the best game Shamire has ever played in a Tech uniform. He simply collapsed the Turkies's DL, over and over again.

• Welcome back, Francis Kallon. Again, perhaps his best game in a Tech uniform.

• And, finally, the DL in general. Did anybody notice that the DBs and LBs suddenly "played better"? That we got a lot of turnovers? That, sports fans, is because we finally got a rush and forced some really bad throws. Not too shabby on run D either.

Second, the skill players:

• The Austins. Need I say more?

• I seem to recall that I told people that we would look like Navy next year with MJ at QB. Yep. Once he works with his new center (who looked pretty good, btw) and his receivers, we'll have ourselves a winner. The guy can run.

Third, the game ball:

• Here I think there is no question: Mike Marshall. Today there was no shilly-shally in the hole, there was no wiggle. Today, there was a mature BB who hit the hole with authority and ran through tackles. Leave out that long run; he'll do that every now and then. What I liked was the rest of the game where I saw a determined runner who never took a lose on a run. I was never as encouraged by a player's improvement as I was by his. We have a real competition at BB between him and Mills. That'll make the team much better.

Now, on to 8 - 4!

First, on the lines:

• That was the best game Shamire has ever played in a Tech uniform. He simply collapsed the Turkies's DL, over and over again.

• And, finally, the DL in general. Did anybody notice that the DBs and LBs suddenly "played better"? That we got a lot of turnovers? That, sports fans, is because we finally got a rush and forced some really bad throws. Not too shabby on run D either.

• I seem to recall that I told people that we would look like Navy next year with MJ at QB. Yep. Once he works with his new center (who looked pretty good, btw) and his receivers, we'll have ourselves a winner. The guy can run.

Third, the game ball:

• Here I think there is no question: Mike Marshall. Today there was no shilly-shally in the hole, there was no wiggle. Today, there was a mature BB who hit the hole with authority and ran through tackles. Leave out that long run; he'll do that every now and then. What I liked was the rest of the game where I saw a determined runner who never took a lose on a run. I was never as encouraged by a player's improvement as I was by his. We have a real competition at BB between him and Mills. That'll make the team much better.

Now, on to 8 - 4!
That would be Marcus Marshall, not Mike Marshall. But otherwise, spot on post.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
First, on the lines:

Third, the game ball:

Now, on to 8 - 4!
I remember one other run in an earlier game where he looked like Mills. Tonight, he looked like Mills + Marshall. Can't get any better than that!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Been touting him all year. Lance Austin is a baller. Giving up height every week and he's always pretty damn locked onto anyone he's covering. Our bad defense this year has not been due to Lance.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not sold on Matthew Jordan long-term. He can't throw, and you can only run draw on 3rd and long so many times before it gets out of hand. Played well today, though...

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The coaches wisely simplified things, it appeared.

We need to look a whole lot better than Navy.

Maybe MJ can improve his passing game, JT has. We will need for him to do so.

Crazy how the twins both showed up in such a dramatic fashion in the same game.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I think the problem with MJ passing was that he hesitated with his decision to throw and didn't set his feet. His first throw was a nice throw rolling out of the pocket.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Jaz lee and parker are so quick!
When parker pulls right , he is so fast that the mlb has to commit to help wide and that left middle open.

Will and Shamire are both powerful. when they are allowed to NOT GO AT LEGS and especially when they Down block they made huge holes.
Credit coaching for solving the NO One over RG with something besides sham trying to run down the mlb.

we will now have a very deep offensive line when we play uga!

Coach called a great game.
Playing fast.

slugboy

Staff member
It's amazing to me how close leading 30-7 is to trailing 30-7. We still had missed assignments. We still had missed cut blocks where our blocker just looked sad laying on the turf.
But we got sacks. When we didn't, we got hurries. We got turnovers. The defense played a good game hanging on by their fingernails, but they played with a lot of passion and toughness. When we didn't stop them on third down, we picked or stripped the ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Jaz lee and parker are so quick!

You know what I REALLY like about Jahaziel Lee? Dude is a perfectionist and takes pride in executing at the highest level. You could see him getting onto himself after executing a play. Although he got to his man and did enough to accomplish what he needed to, it still wasn't good enough for him.

He's going to be a good one.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Going into the game, I was supremely worried about the matchup problems Bucky Hodges would present our defense, especially considering #1 (forget his name) was on the other side too. It never materialized. If VT goes back over the game and the play calls, I'm sure they will feel that was an opportunity lost. But hey, give us credit, we stuffed it a couple times and rushed the QB some and did our part to help prevent it.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Going into the game, I was supremely worried about the matchup problems Bucky Hodges would present our defense, especially considering #1 (forget his name) was on the other side too. It never materialized. If VT goes back over the game and the play calls, I'm sure they will feel that was an opportunity lost. But hey, give us credit, we stuffed it a couple times and rushed the QB some and did our part to help prevent it.
Going into the game I was just plain worried I'm not smart enough to worry about individual match ups but knew I was worried . Then listening to the Per-game on the radio and hearing and thinking about all the starters out for the game I was extremely worried. Got in my car drove up to the QT got a 6 pack of Bud Light ( yes I drink Bud Light) to see if it would help. I'm sure it helped but it could have been the score at the time 30-7 .

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think some here are missing it when they say that Jordan needs to "… work on his pitches". We didn't run too many TO plays or toss sweeps because VT quickly adjusted to stop them. Result = 350 yards rushing between the tackles. The pitches he did make were usually successful, but that was at the start of the game. Foster adjusted and we spent the rest of the game running inside. Mostly quick hitters, I noticed; Baron was so effective that the midline was risky. (Coach is right; he can flat play football.) Luckily, this is the kind of game that Jordan is good at now and will be better at next year. Just like Will Worth.

As for the passing: he's got an arm like a cannon, but he hasn't worked overtime with the WRs off-season like JT did. That and having a new center - the snap was messed up a lot more than anyone would like - made him less effective. This is a matter of practice.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I think some here are missing it when they say that Jordan needs to "… work on his pitches". We didn't run too many TO plays or toss sweeps because VT quickly adjusted to stop them. Result = 350 yards rushing between the tackles. The pitches he did make were usually successful, but that was at the start of the game. Foster adjusted and we spent the rest of the game running inside. Mostly quick hitters, I noticed; Baron was so effective that the midline was risky. (Coach is right; he can flat play football.) Luckily, this is the kind of game that Jordan is good at now and will be better at next year. Just like Will Worth.

As for the passing: he's got an arm like a cannon, but he hasn't worked overtime with the WRs off-season like JT did. That and having a new center - the snap was messed up a lot more than anyone would like - made him less effective. This is a matter of practice.

I said in the game chat that I expected Foster to adjust again and take away the inside. I thought he would FORCE MJ to pitch (and complete a pass) for us to win.

/

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

Is #1 the wide receiver Ford? They have a good team but on this day we were better.