Kuchar No. 8 on all time PGA Tour money list...

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that they took some of the LIV players off of the list, but not all. Phil and Bryson are still on there. Bubba Watson and Dustin Johnson are not. I have no idea why you would remove some from record books but not others. I think there is a decent change that professional golf loses it's appeal with LIV and with the PGA's reaction to it.

Here is a list that didn't remove some players:

Kuchar was still number 9 if Dustin Johnson is included.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
For discussion purposes...who would you rather be as a golfer? John Daly who only won 3 times iirc correctly but won twice in a major championship...or Kuchar, who maybe won a few times but never a major but cashed checks. There is no right or wrong answer here but if I could pick, I would rather be JD. IMO, winning majors is the true measuring stick of a golfer's mettle....even if he did choose to sport a mullet.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
For discussion purposes...who would you rather be as a golfer? John Daly who only won 3 times iirc correctly but won twice in a major championship...or Kuchar, who maybe won a few times but never a major but cashed checks. There is no right or wrong answer here but if I could pick, I would rather be JD. IMO, winning majors is the true measuring stick of a golfer's mettle....even if he did choose to sport a mullet.
That depends on what you value most. If you absolutely only care about prestige, then JD would be the answer. However, Kuchar has made $44 million more than JD and still has a chance to win a major. (Although he would be among the oldest to win a major at this point)

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That depends on what you value most. If you absolutely only care about prestige, then JD would be the answer. However, Kuchar has made $44 million more than JD and still has a chance to win a major. (Although he would be among the oldest to win a major at this point)

I love Kooch...great guy and seems to enjoy the game and is a great ambassador for the game. But, he just isn't a guy I ever thought could win a major. I thought that 15 years ago or so when he had chances. But that doesn't make him a bad guy or golfer....the world has billions of people (many who play golf) who won't win a major. That's why I'd pick JD's resume without hesitation. Millionaires these days are a dime a dozen. But major winners.....that's a very short and exclusive list.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I love Kooch...great guy and seems to enjoy the game and is a great ambassador for the game. But, he just isn't a guy I ever thought could win a major. I thought that 15 years ago or so when he had chances. But that doesn't make him a bad guy or golfer....the world has billions of people (many who play golf) who won't win a major. That's why I'd pick JD's resume without hesitation. Millionaires these days are a dime a dozen. But major winners.....that's a very short and exclusive list.
Maybe on one hand you got a guy that reached the max his talent level coupled with hard work could achieve and sleeps at night content in his achievements; on the other hand maybe you have a guy with immense talent that won the ultimate prize a handful of times but has to live with the what could have been had he had the discipline to be one of the greatest of all time.

I'm not sure Kooch has as many regrets. Maybe more disappointments, but not as many regrets.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Maybe on one hand you got a guy that reached the max his talent level coupled with hard work could achieve and sleeps at night content in his achievements; on the other hand maybe you have a guy with immense talent that won the ultimate prize a handful of times but has to live with the what could have been had he had the discipline to be one of the greatest of all time.

I'm not sure Kooch has as many regrets. Maybe more disappointments, but not as many regrets.

Great philosophical question. I think JD had Tiger's God-given physical talents but had 1% of Tiger's will to drive himself to be the best. But, otoh, JD doesn't strike me as one who lays awake at night wondering 'what if". He had a helluva good time living his life as he saw fit and the majors are testimony to how good he was. Kuchar is the kind of guy who made money. That's it and nobody (outside of us Gt and/or hardcore golf fans) will remember him in 10 years. I would say Kuchar is the one with regrets about never closing the deal when it mattered most.