#KSUvsGT Postgame

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
It sounds to me like a whole bunch of Tech fans should stop watching CGC's postgame pressers. It seems to be a point of contention for them. If it's going to bother you, don't put yourself in the position to be bothered by it.
Like you we are all GT fans and hunger for more information on the program. All the same, you’re likely right. I’m just a masochist

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
It sounds to me like a whole bunch of Tech fans should stop watching CGC's postgame pressers. It seems to be a point of contention for them. If it's going to bother you, don't put yourself in the position to be bothered by it.
Its a point of contention becasue we care and are concerned about what is coming out of CGC mouth. My love of Tech and its sports teams is stronger (so far) than anything that is or has been said by CGC. Having been a Tech fan since before CGC was born, it will be quite difficult for anything he says or does to disturb me enough to make we quit following Tech in the media, in person, or however I can.

What needs to be apprceiated is that we are all Tech fans. We all have opinions. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I may not agree with yours, you may not agree with mine, but it doesnt mean we both don't what is best for the Institute and the team. Even the post above is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Like you we are all GT fans and hunger for more information on the program. All the same, you’re likely right. I’m just a masochist
I agree with this. I think those on this site hunger for and hunt out every morsel of information we can get about our program. That may also contribute to why people get frustrated with the same message over and over. We probably see things so much more than the average fan and infinitely more (yeah, I know it's not possible) than joe schmoe.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Its a point of contention becasue we care and are concerned about what is coming out of CGC mouth. My love of Tech and its sports teams is stronger (so far) than anything that is or has been said by CGC. Having been a Tech fan since before CGC was born, it will be quite difficult for anything he says or does to disturb me enough to make we quit following Tech in the media, in person, or however I can.

What needs to be apprceiated is that we are all Tech fans. We all have opinions. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I may not agree with yours, you may not agree with mine, but it doesnt mean we both don't what is best for the Institute and the team. Even the post above is your opinion and you are entitled to it.
I think your point is well aimed. I think, as fans, we're are so emotionally invested in the outcomes of our program that what he says over and over begins to chafe when it's incongruent with what we see. I just think our opponents and our opponents' fans will do enough GT and CGC-bashing that we don't need to add on.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with this. I think those on this site hunger for and hunt out every morsel of information we can get about our program. That may also contribute to why people get frustrated with the same message over and over. We probably see things so much more than the average fan and infinitely more (yeah, I know it's not possible) than joe schmoe.
Agreed. Especially when the information coming from the coaching staff does not jibe with what we see on the field. The average Joe Schmoe just doesn't bother going to a game on Saturday. Those us that lean more to the fanatic side of the fan base spend more time thinking about longer term ramifications of performance on the field (or on the recruiting trail).

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
If you're interested in details, Thacker and Patenaude pressers are the ones you want. You don't have to skip all the press conferences if Collins doesn't give the info you want--just skip Collins.
You're correct, but isn't it a bit of an issue that the best solution is for a segment of the most fanatic members of the fan base is to not watch the HC's pressers ?

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
What a poor take. That’s why so many tech fans have stopped watching the games as well.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It's a buffet; if you're a vegetarian, don't get the salisbury steak. Not everything is for everyone.
“Don’t eat the Salisbury steak.” I haven’t had that in some many years I had forgotten it even existed. Smorgasbord favorite when I was a youth.

Now I’m hungry for the next post game conference.
What a poor take. That’s why so many tech fans have stopped watching the games as well.
And quit going to games too ☹️

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
No, the poor take is people watching CGC's pressers and expecting something different. Like his approach or not, he's not going to change. So, if it gets your blood pressure up, don't watch his pressers. They're not intended for the general public anyway. They're designed to give reporters an opportunity to gather information for articles they're writing. There is plenty of other information out there.

And what evidence do you have that "so many tech fans have stopped watching the game...?" I'm pretty sure our TV numbers are up, not down. So, I'd say there are probably more eyes on Tech games, not less. If you're talking about butts in the stands, well, that's been going down everywhere. Not sure that's a valid statement.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
No, the poor take is people watching CGC's pressers and expecting something different. Like his approach or not, he's not going to change. So, if it gets your blood pressure up, don't watch his pressers. They're not intended for the general public anyway. They're designed to give reporters an opportunity to gather information for articles they're writing. There is plenty of other information out there.
I don’t think these are for reporters either.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
"Reporters" are the ones asking the questions and are the sole physical audience. It is called a "press conference" for a reason. That being said, I agree with you. I think the intended audiences are the 14 to 18-year-old kids and their parents through the media.
Exactly. Target audience is the young athlete. However, the potential problem when you try to talk over the press to a different audience is that if the press feels they are being dissed, and not getting the facts, they retaliate by writing whatever they want about you.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck

And what evidence do you have that "so many tech fans have stopped watching the game...?" I'm pretty sure our TV numbers are up, not down. So, I'd say there are probably more eyes on Tech games, not less. If you're talking about butts in the stands, well, that's been going down everywhere. Not sure that's a valid statement.
If the solution to the problem is to stop watching, we can just agree to disagree on this then. The alternative is that you think his pressers are not a problem, on which we can also just disagree. There is no point in debating that.

Fan attendance has been going down everywhere, but GT's attendance problems are worse than for other schools. Attendance on opening night was the smallest crowd since 1995!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
It looks to me like some Tech fans are whistling past the graveyard. If we should quit watching pressers when we don’t like what we hear, should we also quit watching the games if we don’t like what we see?

Kudos to the team and coaching staff for the win but I really think he probably shouldn’t have touted the ATL theory after beating an FCS team. The ATL theory would work most of the time at Bammer since they are so deep. However, it appears that the ATL only works for us 50% of the time against FCS teams.

It seems like the opinions of fans and alums aren’t way up there for coach. Interesting.

I think we do have more talent than we’ve had in a while but I feel like we are Ocean’s 11 without Daniel Ocean or the A-Team without Hannibal. Forget Clemson. I want to see a plan come together against a middle-of-the-road P5 team. Then I’ll start buying into the ATL. Until then, I will just assume that most kids will practice harder trying to earn a starting position if they don’t see much playing time.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
That the “ATL” actually bothers a large number of GT fans is remarkable. I gues being Tech people the need for numbered order is very strong. Head scratcher.