#KSUvsGT Postgame

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
1631388145431.png

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
So we have a real QB battle now.
This team needed the win, and we were supposed to win this. We did what needed to be done

Next week is big boy football, I hope we're competitive, just annoyed that it feels like with our talent we aren't anywhere close to Clemson's league in terms of being competitive

IslandsofGaunilo

Georgia Tech Fan
I was impressed with the defense. I still am frustrated by the offense, but that is another issue which I won’t belabor here. Special teams were okay—although the onside kick recovery was frustrating. We played a disciplined, clean game for the most part, which is encouraging. I have to give Collins credit for that. I hope to see us play in a similar manner next week.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I was impressed with the defense. I still am frustrated by the offense, but that is another issue which I won’t belabor here. Special teams were okay—although the onside kick recovery was frustrating. We played a disciplined, clean game for the most part, which is encouraging. I have to give Collins credit for that. I hope to see us play in a similar manner next week.
Curious what a good offensive performance looks like to you. Yates should complete 100% of his passes and we should average 6 yards a carry right?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I am happy with what we saw. We did what we needed to and I think we can see the pieces coming together. I don’t know what the coaches will do, but I said in chat I think the move is to start Yates next week.

I don’t think we win next week with either guy but I think our offense moves better with Yates. I also think we need to rely heavily on our running backs, next week anyway. I fundamentally disagree with the philosophy of CDP seeking balance on run/pass distribution but he gets paid to coach and I drink bourbon on my couch on game days.

If Yates isn’t getting it done, then bringing in Sims also feels better than trying to do it the opposite way.

All that said, I understand Sims is the guy long term, so am sure either way someone will be annoyed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IslandsofGaunilo

Georgia Tech Fan
Curious what a good offensive performance looks like to you. Yates should complete 100% of his passes and we should average 6 yards a carry right?
Where do I say it wasn’t a good offensive performance? You can be frustrated with something that is good; the two aren’t mutually exclusive. But since it is apparently so important to you for me to acknowledge it explicitly, yes, the offense had a good performance. I can still be frustrated with it though.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
From a student, y’all boomers need to up the enthusiasm! We are trying to foster another generation of Tech die hards. stay the whole game, get loud, show out! We can’t have game after game where the stand empty at half, and expect the students to care.
Get ready for disappointment. Unfortunately, this is not new & exclusive to the current team.