#KSUvsGT Postgame Press Conference

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Just watched Collins. Man, we won and played well and the team deserves some praise. But listening to that you’d think we just beat Alabama. We have a very real likelihood of starting this season 1-3 and this dude talks like we’ve turned the corner and are on our way to becoming an elite program after beating an FCS team that runs the same offense as an FCS team we lost to two years ago.

The message is nice, but the level at which he harps on it makes it sound disingenuous. It needs to be toned down to something more along the lines of, “proud of the way the team responded, played much better this week, still have some things we need to clean up.”

Saturday at Clemson will be hard to judge, but the following week should be a much better temperature gauge. I want to see how the LOS looks and how the staff responds to pressure situations.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Interesting the different approaches different coaches use. Some coaches are sparse in the amount of effusive press they heap on players, a kind of “that way you know that when I praise you it really means something” approach. Collins seems to feel that all praise all the time is the best way to motivate players. I kind of wonder what he’ll say when he gets a really big win, like over Notre Dame or Georgia or Clemson. Will he have any adjectives left or will he have used them all up by then?

He always dresses nicely. Good color combos each time.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Twice coach referred to “adverse circumstances” that we played under. What exactly were the adverse circumstances. The only thing I can think of is (1) our (presumed) starting qb didn’t play and (2) we were playing an (FCS) spread option team. Did I miss something?

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Twice coach referred to “adverse circumstances” that we played under. What exactly were the adverse circumstances. The only thing I can think of is (1) our (presumed) starting qb didn’t play and (2) we were playing an (FCS) spread option team. Did I miss something?
I heard that too. You're on your home field playing an FCS school. Shut up and handle your business.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Just watched Collins. Man, we won and played well and the team deserves some praise. But listening to that you’d think we just beat Alabama. We have a very real likelihood of starting this season 1-3 and this dude talks like we’ve turned the corner and are on our way to becoming an elite program after beating an FCS team that runs the same offense as an FCS team we lost to two years ago.

The message is nice, but the level at which he harps on it makes it sound disingenuous. It needs to be toned down to something more along the lines of, “proud of the way the team responded, played much better this week, still have some things we need to clean up.”

Saturday at Clemson will be hard to judge, but the following week should be a much better temperature gauge. I want to see how the LOS looks and how the staff responds to pressure situations.

Thought the exact same thing! Sounded just like we beat Bama was exactly what I was thinking. I guess he’s just an overtly positive person, but does sound disingenuous when there are not any negatives or areas for improvement. Maybe I’m just used to Johnson (to a degree), O’Leary and Cremins taking responsibility for loses and bad play by the team. Just seems dishonest but I guess that’s who he is. Doesn’t really work for me but it is what it is.

Also noticed that he basically said he doesn’t care what fans say, only cares about the team. I get it, but if you’re losing the fan base, you better care about it when they buy tickets and donate money….or don’t.

Said he doesn’t read social media which was hilarious. His whole schtick is social media.

Clearly he’s not playing to anyone over about age 22, but if it keeps going bad (3 wins again), he’s going to have a tough time getting the fans back.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I took it to mean that the team experienced a disappointing, humiliating loss the week before. They could have let the prior week's loss deflate them and performance issues compound, and instead they pushed through and responded positively this week.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I took it to mean that the team experienced a disappointing, humiliating loss the week before. They could have let the prior week's loss deflate them and performance issues compound, and instead they pushed through and responded positively this week.
Was also my understanding. That the team knew we should have won last week and had been getting a lot of noise from the fanbase and external forces.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Whatever he needs to do to recruit players, I know I'm in a small minority, but we need two more good classes and then i will get more concerned if they can coach. I just think we are still real short in players for what they are trying to do, a really good QB comes when he has a quality OL to work behind and a defense that can get him the ball back. The recruiting in the trenches needs a lot of work IMO. I think the man knows he has to have some players and he's in recruiting mode all the time now and trying to keep the morale up in the meantime. That is my hope anyway.