KSU x 2

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
https://ramblinwreck.com/tech-to-face-kennesaw-state-twice-in-midweek/

If you had N.Wilhite batting above .275 & besting the threesome of Chase Murray, Colin Hall, & Tristin English after 11 games in that category in the office pool, where do I send the check?

https://data.ramblinwreck.com/stats/baseball/2019/teamcume.htm

Hopefully Murray, Hall and English aren't played these two games. We need to come out swinging against UM. Maybe sub them in if we need them after 3 innings.

6-4 KSU one "good" win this year was against 6-5 WVU.

Other KSU wins 1-6 Towson (2), 4-6 Tennessee-Martin (2) and 1-7 UIC.

Losses to UGAg (lost 11-1), 1-6 Towson, 4-6 Tennessee-Martin.

So if our we have to be at full strength to win either, we will go 9-21 in the ACC (ain't going to happen, just saying we better not be that bad). (See "2019 ACC Baseball" post.)

Need to win both and set up for UM.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, I was a speaking with a little hyperbole. I would rest English for sure. Others, Hall and Murray, I would only plan on having in 3 innings or two at bats or so.

To Fred's point, I don't understand why these guys are slumping the way they are. Hall has come on and been robbed by several great fielding plays.

Murray just hasn't been making consistently good contact like he did last year. At some point he shouldn't be in the 4 lead off while he is working through it. He **should** be fine as he hit well last year (.343) for us and did fine in the summer in Cape Cod (.317).

But Nick needs to play every inning. Love the guy's approach and his walks even more than his **smash** doubles.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

Female Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
CH said Willingham for Tuesday (away) and Freshman Roedig for home. I wonder why a freshman would get a home game start vs the junior, Willingham. Thoughts?

"During the previous midweek, Tech showed their depth by throwing both Cort Roedig and Amos Willingham for starts in the Tuesday-Wednesday."

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
CH said Willingham for Tuesday (away) and Freshman Roedig for home. I wonder why a freshman would get a home game start vs the junior, Willingham. Thoughts?

"During the previous midweek, Tech showed their depth by throwing both Cort Roedig and Amos Willingham for starts in the Tuesday-Wednesday."
Only a guess... but it could Roetig is the midweek guy ( this is last week with 2 games midweek). Giving Willingham tonight's start gives him one more day to be rested for this coming weekend... should he be needed out of the pen. Again... total guess.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
I expect to win both these games, and will be very disappointed if that doesn't happen. Also hope that todays game is more of a staff day by choice, and Willingham's pitch count is such that he is available on Sat. if needed. But then again I expected to win against Georgia St. last year after pounding Mercer the day before, so even my expectations come with a bit of hope.

THWG

Helluva Engineer

I think it's just easier for an experienced pitcher to go on the road and win.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Tuesday's game at KSU will be streamed through Facebook. Here's the link provided through Tech's game info:
https://m.facebook.com/KennesawStateOwls/

I'm just the messenger... I assume by 1st pitch, it'll be pretty intuitive as to how to make it go.

Not intuitive to me yet. Just logged in and there are no upcoming events.

Colin Lacy (sic) just come on WREK ......... no Wiley :(

Following the stats here: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=242213

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Stream works on my iPad. Not my laptop.

I'm a droid type........ not video, no Wiley. Took the dog for a walk. Came back 3-0.

McCann hit a 2 R HR in third.

My hero, Nick got an RBI in the 2nd on third of 3 singles.

Willingham throwing over 70% strikes; 35 of 48.

One imponderable, why do we have a .180 guy leading off and a .214 guy #3? I understand getting them their bats, but why don't we play the currently better guys early on?

GOing to chat .....

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Yeah that FB stream isn’t working for me either. Did just watch Charleston Southern lose brutally in the B9 @ #3 UNC.

First batter reached on an errant throw to 1st.

Second batter lined up to bunt, but the ump stepped out to call time as the ball hit the bat. Ball rolled down the 1st base line as everybody looked at the ump to see what happened. After a few seconds of the ump not saying anything the batter just ran to 1st without a play. Ump never explained what happened.

Third guy drew a 14 pitch walk to load the bases.

Then walked home the winning run.

Deleted member 2897

Yeah that FB stream isn’t working for me either. Did just watch Charleston Southern lose brutally in the B9 @ #3 UNC.

Second batter lined up to bunt, but the ump stepped out to call time as the ball hit the bat. Ball rolled down the 1st base line as everybody looked at the ump to see what happened. After a few seconds of the ump not saying anything the batter just ran to 1st without a play. Ump never explained what happened.

Doesn't matter the sport - Referees are here to ruin the games.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

Wow... Tarheels are anointed in some way. Can't explain it.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow, that was closer than it needed to be. Jackets win 10-7 but led 10-1 after 5 or 6. Another game vs KSU scheduled for tomorrow at 5pm at Russ Chandler, expecting similar frigid weather conditions.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Wow, that was closer than it needed to be. Jackets win 10-7 but led 10-1 after 5 or 6. Another game vs KSU scheduled for tomorrow at 5pm at Russ Chandler, expecting similar frigid weather conditions.
I like what CDH did though. He was able to save the pen and test Carpenter's resolve to finish the game off.

I love Bartnicki too. I know he struggled some tonight, but that kid's stuff is electric. He is going to be really good for us down the line.

It was nice to see English get 3 hits tonight. He is slowly starting to find holes and get his hits.