KS latest Omahri Jarrett

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Didn't know high school kids can't cut block outside the tackle box. Explains a little why that skill takes such a long time to develop for most kids.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Didn't know high school kids can't cut block outside the tackle box. Explains a little why that skill takes such a long time to develop for most kids.

Anybody got a late model HS rule book? Last time I read it the Tackle Zone had to do with a no clip zone on initial contact by C/G/T, and the below the waist block was legal if you were blocking someone head on or outside you (posterior toward where the ball was snapped). You could not block below the waist from an outside position coming after someone lined up inside of you unless the Tackle Zone applied (posterior toward the sideline). Could also not block below the waist on kicking downs. Would be interested to know the up to date high school rule.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Anybody got a late model HS rule book? Last time I read it the Tackle Zone had to do with a no clip zone on initial contact by C/G/T, and the below the waist block was legal if you were blocking someone head on or outside you (posterior toward where the ball was snapped). You could not block below the waist from an outside position coming after someone lined up inside of you unless the Tackle Zone applied (posterior toward the sideline). Could also not block below the waist on kicking downs. Would be interested to know the up to date high school rule.

heres a 2013 one http://georgiafootballofficialsassociation.com/2013_GHSA_Football_Officials_Manual_Final.pdf

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
"On his decision to commit to Tech: “Not only was it down the street, but after I found out, I was like, Yeah, that’s the ticket right there.” "

A heck of a selling point!

With inflation, that ratio should start to go up appreciably in the near future. Curious as to the time frame referenced and last updated. IIRC, the GTAA has been using that comment for at least 4 or 5 years.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Shhh. It gave @dressedcheeseside an opportunity for his King Charles' head.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
"On his decision to commit to Tech: “Not only was it down the street, but after I found out, I was like, Yeah, that’s the ticket right there.” "

A heck of a selling point!

With inflation, that ratio should start to go up appreciably in the near future. Curious as to the time frame referenced and last updated. IIRC, the GTAA has been using that comment for at least 4 or 5 years.
Well, interesting if true, and I gather it is from a 2005 brochure or such.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
A fine young man it seems but with our level of Abacks now,I believe he will have a hard time getting reps til he is ingrained in the system--much like Zenon.May be best use as returner.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I consider guys like Jarrett, Cottrill, JJ Green, Searcy...the "new breed" of ABs. ABs that are more athletes and slash type players than the pure running backs that CPJ has signed in past classes.

Me thinks CPJ has grand designs for the future of this offense.

Hopefully we can exploit some lb for some long passes.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think this young man will return kicks. A lot. I don't know if he'll start at AB - though I wouldn't be surprised - but I'm pretty sure he'll take over for Golden in 2016. He's got the gift.

Of course, Godhigh set all kinds of records as a KS in high school and look what he ended up doing.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think this young man will return kicks. A lot. I don't know if he'll start at AB - though I wouldn't be surprised - but I'm pretty sure he'll take over for Golden in 2016. He's got the gift.

Of course, Godhigh set all kinds of records as a KS in high school and look what he ended up doing.

LOTS of candidates from the 2015 class that could potentially return kicks. Really good group of skill guys that could contribute on special teams as well.

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
1 of 6 ARE millionaires, not becomes a millionaire. By the time they're 65, I'd venture the ratio is much higher, especially nowadays. But the fact that they currently ARE means there are a lot of young alumni who are millionaires.

anyways, its still a great talking point and it obviously works on some kids. Jarrett is clearly coming in to work hard on the field and in the classroom. I'm excited about this type of athlete.