Krispy Kreme on Ponce

Deleted member 2897

When I was in college, we went there one night and were standing in line when someone busted through the door to rob the place. Oh the memories!

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We used to go over there and buy dozens of boxes of doughnuts at $2/box and resell them in the dorm for $4/box to make money for the hall council.

You can't even get 2 doughnuts at the Krispy Kreme here in Marietta for $2 now. Inflation sucks.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We used to go over there and buy dozens of boxes of doughnuts at $2/box and resell them in the dorm for $4/box to make money for the hall council.

You can't even get 2 doughnuts at the Krispy Kreme here in Marietta for $2 now. Inflation sucks.
You're young ;)... We bought them for $1 and sold for $2 for Towers Hall Council... granted that was 35-38 years ago ('82-85).

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Unpopular opinion, but Dunkin is better

Agreed ... if we're talking about sweet bread. If we're talking donuts, go with the 'Kreme.

Why you gotta interrupt folks' mourning, man? Have you no heart, buckeye?

I'm not cryin'.... you're cryin'. Why's it so dusty in here anyway?

Rest in power, PonceKK (til they rebuild you)

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
reddit post from a former Dunkin employee:

The doughnuts don't stand a chance against Krispy Kreme, the employee said. "Have you ever tried Donut King or Krispy Kreme? Those places have steaming, fresh, high-quality donuts. They're amazing. The Dunkin' Donuts variety are significantly less appealing," he explained. Adding, "Hell, the ones in my store came shipped frozen only to be baked later. That's not quality."

Notice his comment about 'baked". Cakes are baked. Doughnuts are fried. Maybe that's why they call them 'donuts' and not 'doughnuts'.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
reddit post from a former Dunkin employee:

The doughnuts don't stand a chance against Krispy Kreme, the employee said. "Have you ever tried Donut King or Krispy Kreme? Those places have steaming, fresh, high-quality donuts. They're amazing. The Dunkin' Donuts variety are significantly less appealing," he explained. Adding, "Hell, the ones in my store came shipped frozen only to be baked later. That's not quality."

Notice his comment about 'baked". Cakes are baked. Doughnuts are fried. Maybe that's why they call them 'donuts' and not 'doughnuts'.
If the hot sign is on, Krispy Kreme is unbeatable.