Korean Pop at Bobby Dodd

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, this is insane and is going to bring in obscene amounts of money. They're going to sell every conceivable seat. Not to mention CGC could sit down with their manager and talk branding.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
My daughters favorite band. Wished they would give STHs a pre-sale option.
I was told,by a friend who has a daughter wanting to attend this show, that there will be an opportunity for STH pre sale.
I will hit you to when I find out more.
It's good knowing someone only wants me for my season ticket holder status
Lol

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
My daughter is also very interested in this. If any other non-interested STH get an opportunity to participate in a pre-sale, please let me know. Thanks!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I’m too young to know anything about that particular group, but I would expect the answer to be a definite yes. This concert will probably set an attendance record for BDS@HGF, which currently stands at 60,316 for the ‘76 Georgia game. I’m not sure how many on field seats/tickets will be sold, but I would guess there will be at least 60,000 people at BDS, and however many tickets released to the market will be sold out within 24 hours. I hope GT will make a nice chunk of change for their troubles.

As I really have no idea who this band is - I was being sarcastic.

Are folks saying this will be bigger than theRolling Stones concert?

And ARS was actually a fairly successful group that was started in Doraville.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Would really like to know what we clear on a deal like this. Wonder who pays for the insurance / bonding, liability for structure damage (including field) and things like that.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
As I really have no idea who this band is - I was being sarcastic.

Are folks saying this will be bigger than theRolling Stones concert?

I don't think most Americans of middle age or older realize how big this group is. They draw Beatles type crowds and have LEGIONS of teenage girls that follow their every move. Their 2018 tour sold out each concert in minutes. My wife took my daughter to the concert in NYC (NJ actually) and had to sit a row behind her because they couldn't get tickets together. I, for one, dismissed them as another fad at first but so far they have had some serious staying power. Should last a couple more years before the older guys hit the mandatory service age for the South Korean Army. KPop is huge now.

Side note: my mom used to always complain that she could never understand what words the singers of of my favorite rock groups were singing, and now I can say the same since I don't speak Korean... :D:D:D

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

GT_EE78

Banned
Can’t be as big as Atlanta Rhythm Section performing at Grant Field in 1978 (?).
ARS was a great show there in both 77 and 78. I went to both.. ( K-pop say what?)

On September 4, 1977, ARS played their biggest show yet, the Dog Day Rockfest at Atlanta's Grant Field on the campus of Georgia Tech.
Heart and Foreigner were the opening acts and Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band co-headlined with ARS.

In January 1978, ARS released what would turn out to be its most successful album, Champagne Jam,[2] which led off with the song "Large Time", a tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd, some of whom had lost their lives in a plane crash the previous October.ARS had a rock festival of their own, Champagne Jam, at Grant Field at Georgia Tech on September 3, 1978, which also included Santana, the Doobie Brothers, Eddie Money, Mose Jones and Mother's Finest.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
If your kids want to go, you should let them. Supposedly, this might be their last tours since some members have to go to the mandatory military service (all Korean citizens have to go before 30).

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Got this from GTAA this morning. Not sure if it was due to our club seats or donor level:

We are pleased to share with you that global superstars BTS are coming to Bobby Dodd Stadium as part of their Map Of The Soul World Tour on Sunday, May 17, 2020.

This will be a sold-out event - as Atlanta is one of only fifteen tour dates in the US and Canada. Tickets will go on sale to the general public on February 7. As a donor to the Alexander-Tharpe Fund with Georgia Tech Athletics, you will have preferred access to premium areas and potential suites, based on availability.

If you are interested in premium seats, please fill out this form by Monday, February 3, 2020, at 5 p.m. ET. Current Suite Holders will have first access to their Suites (if in view of the stage) - and you'll be contacted if premium inventory is available.

dfwjacket82

Georgia Tech Fan

I liked their music.

I saw them in the late 90's at a "Taste of Dallas". The singer gave the most disinterested performance I have ever seen but I noticed they had a bunch of songs I recognized, more than I remembered. That may have been a function of being in school in the early 80's, don't know if they got more airplay in ATL than everywhere else.

Jmonty71

Banned
Never thought I'd type that topic on a message board, but it is happening. Not my cup of tea, but kudos to GTAA for finding additional revenue sources.

Not my cup of tea.. I foresee the average fan being a 12 year old girl. I feel sorry for all those dads voluntold to take their daughters. LOL