Kirby on CGC

crut

Helluva Engineer
Interestingly......VT spending actually dropped from the time period 2007-2015
$274,032 - $233,535
Meanwhile GT caught up with them
$165,379 - $212,253
(numbers are per player without scholly costs)
http://spendingdatabase.knightcommission.org/

Thanks for sharing this. In comparing GT to uga, there are three categories that stand out as significantly different:

1. Coaches Compensation: GT - $14.65M vs. UGA - $20.2M
2. Support and Admin Compensation w/Severance: GT - $13.1M vs UGA - $22.26M
3. Other Expenses: GT - $3.67M vs UGA - $13.31M

Other expenses being the biggest one. "Other Expenses" is defined as: "Expenses related to the following categories: Sports equipment, uniforms and supplies, fundraising, marketing and promotion, sports camps, spirit groups, direct overhead and administrative expenses, indirect institutional support, membership and dues, student-athlete meals, and other operating expenses."

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Be curious what people see as KS's main strengths. We know he does well selling the program with a huge budget but his in game coaching seems pretty atrocious.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Kirby has been a pretty classy guy so far. Can't say I particularly dislike him. He did not run the score up on us, didn't let his team eat the grass after our game, etc. Overall a much better behaved UGA program than past years. I still don't like them but I do appreciate his class.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Kirby has been a pretty classy guy so far. Can't say I particularly dislike him. He did not run the score up on us, didn't let his team eat the grass after our game, etc. Overall a much better behaved UGA program than past years. I still don't like them but I do appreciate his class.
Yep, that was a 59-7 game easy. KS got a few reluctant points from me on that.

herb

Helluva Engineer
Interestingly......VT spending actually dropped from the time period 2007-2015
$274,032 - $233,535
Meanwhile GT caught up with them
$165,379 - $212,253
(numbers are per player without scholly costs)
http://spendingdatabase.knightcommission.org/

It is VERY difficult to get a hold on the spending. I know that's what this says but there was the other chart that showed VT was at like 31 million and we were at 17 million or so. Those two sets of figures do not seem to reconcile

Animal02

Banned
It is VERY difficult to get a hold on the spending. I know that's what this says but there was the other chart that showed VT was at like 31 million and we were at 17 million or so. Those two sets of figures do not seem to reconcile
This is without scholly $$$. for one. Not sure if that would make a difference.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Yes, it is my opinion that Kirby isn't so much evil, but I do question his football acumen. That punt fake was about as stupid a call as I have ever seen in division 1 football. I am hoping that once our talent improves, and ASSUMING our coaches have GREAT football acumen, this lack of acumen from CKS will assist us in beating the DWAGS again.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Kirby is not worried about us because he has bigger concerns. He had two Nattys within reach and blew both of them. Florida has nearly caught up to them and Tenn is in their rear-view mirror.

His window of opportunity is closing - the dwags schedule will never be as easy as it has been the last two years. Two years ago, they made it to the Natty game. Last year they couldn't get past the SECCG. This year, they might not even make the SEC title game.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Kirby is not worried about us because he has bigger concerns. He had two Nattys within reach and blew both of them. Florida has nearly caught up to them and Tenn is in their rear-view mirror.

His window of opportunity is closing - the dwags schedule will never be as easy as it has been the last two years. Two years ago, they made it to the Natty game. Last year they couldn't get past the SECCG. This year, they might not even make the SEC title game.

Agreed, the SEC East has been a cake walk the past few seasons. Once Tenn and UF reload, things will change fast. I'm not entirely convinced uga's recruiting has gotten that much better after the regime change 3 years ago. When have they not pulled in Top 5 classes most years?

Besides, after the spoof Alabama OL commit fiasco at Rivals earlier this week, I would not be surprised at all if their recruiting class rankings have been severely inflated the past few seasons.

Just goes to show you how much a positive media narrative can affect a program. They won an SEC championship over a banged up team that boat-raced them three weeks prior, and a shootout Rose Bowl that could have easily gone the other way. Other than that, that's about it. Granted that's their most significant win since 1980, and a Rose Bowl is always a big deal, but I'm not sure they'll ever do much better than that the way things stand now.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Agreed, the SEC East has been a cake walk the past few seasons. Once Tenn and UF reload, things will change fast.

Nothing aginst you because I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it... but because there have been discussions about the difference between a reload and a rebuilt with the new GT regime: Tennessee ain't reloading. It has been one HELL of a rebuild. To be honest at this point the program is still a dumpster fire. They haven't proven they aren't anything but that yet.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Nothing aginst you because I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it... but because there have been discussions about the difference between a reload and a rebuilt with the new GT regime: Tennessee ain't reloading. It has been one HELL of a rebuild. To be honest at this point the program is still a dumpster fire. They haven't proven they aren't anything but that yet.
Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it at Tennessee. Hard to understand how a program with their history, that huge stadium, so many fans and such a big emphasis in Knoxville can be so mediocre for so long.