Kind of Offtopic - Do You Wish Bobby Dodd Stadium was flipped?

GTBlaze

Banned
Kind of a silly question, but what I mean is that when they always show the stadium on TV with the ATL Backdrop, I wish the stadium was flipped showing the Home side of the Stadium instead of the visitor's side. I just think it would look like a much bigger stadium then the visitor side and look a lot more crowded on the TV. They never show the big side of the stadium on TV.

It looked really bad this past Saturday on TV

Show this side on TV
R.b99a127861a2c8a261f559a67a59dc6d

instead of this side on TV
R.436a8fa06b1521bb96fffe75d7867083

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
For years now I have been sitting in the West, looking at empty Gold seats. In the last couple of years the upper East has been empty or full of opposing team colors. I don't know the answer, but there has to be a better way to handle that.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of the city as the backdrop, if you haven't, drive down 10th Street towards the bridge at night. Once it starts to open up and you can see the buildings across the interstate, it's one of the most gorgeous city-scapes you'll see. Very dramatic...I was caught off guard the first time I really paid attention.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Kind of a silly question, but what I mean is that when they always show the stadium on TV with the ATL Backdrop, I wish the stadium was flipped showing the Home side of the Stadium instead of the visitor's side. I just think it would look like a much bigger stadium then the visitor side and look a lot more crowded on the TV. They never show the big side of the stadium on TV.

Show this side on TV

Coca Cola would LOVE your idea! Lol

GTBlaze

Banned
Speaking of the city as the backdrop, if you haven't, drive down 10th Street towards the bridge at night. Once it starts to open up and you can see the buildings across the interstate, it's one of the most gorgeous city-scapes you'll see. Very dramatic...I was caught off guard the first time I really paid attention.
would love to see a pic of this view!

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
No. Your complaint is that the stadium isn't filled. It sucks and is odd because the upper east used to be some of the best most valued seats in the stadium, especially in between the twenties. Right on top of the field and some of the best in cfb. Club seats are always going to look like crap because the only reason people by those seats is so they have the option to sit underneath with their wives and children, especially when it's hot or there's the slightest bit of precipitation.

The cure is winning.Trying to find the best angles to hide your flaws instead of correcting them is what women do in selfies. You're right, silly question.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
No. Your complaint is that the stadium isn't filled. It sucks and is odd because the upper east used to be some of the best most valued seats in the stadium, especially in between the twenties. Right on top of the field and some of the best in cfb. Club seats are always going to look like crap because the only reason people by those seats is so they have the option to sit underneath with their wives and children, especially when it's hot or there's the slightest bit of precipitation.

The cure is winning.Trying to find the best angles to hide your flaws instead of correcting them is what women do in selfies. You're right, silly question.
Sheesh. If you can’t ask a fun/innocuous question like that on a sports message board, where are you supposed to ask?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

The only thing wrong with the stadium is that there aren't enough butts in the seats.

GTBlaze

Banned

That's not what I am complaining about at all. What I am complaining about is that the visitor side of the stadium looks like a High School football Stadium whether it is empty or full. When you throw in the fact that it is empty then it really looks bad.

My hypethetical question was - What if you moved the home stands over to where the visitor stands are located with the ATL back drop - wouldn;t you think that would look a lot better than the current set up? Since you seem to take this "silly" question very seriously, I am letting you know up front that I know it is 100% impossible to do this

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The only thing wrong with the stadium is that there aren't enough butts in the seats.
I have a huge butt - can it count for more than 1.

i would concur that getting a shot of the WREK coming out towards the west stands would be exciting way to start a game.

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Absolutely. I’ve thought this many times over the years when going to watch the replays. The TV angles on the fans or lack of in those sections do us no favors.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow

Show this side on TV

I have been wanting that for years. East stands are a bad look right now.

901jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
One of my favorites is coming south on 85 and you make that curve and all the big buildings line up right in front of you.