Kickoff Time for Miami on 10/1

Hiram_Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I haven't seen it posted here yet, but apparently the 10/1 game against Da U will kick off at noon and be televised nationally on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2, for those who care about such things. Go Jackets!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Is it me or does it feel like there are more and more noon games now to clear the inventory for non-compete at 3:30 as much as possible.

If you remember years back 3:30 was the standard...or it seemed. Tv is changing their slotting I think

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
The bad thing is that with a pretty weak home schedule after the Miami game I don't anticipate any of the other games being a night game either. Maybe we'll get one of those weird 7:00 ESPNU spots for Southern or Duke.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Back in the day, there were very few night games. KO times were announced on the schedule and most were one and four like the pros. Usually the late pm games were west coast games. I think LSU and USCe and a couple of others played night games. Before the TV dollars became huge.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Is it me or does it feel like there are more and more noon games now to clear the inventory for non-compete at 3:30 as much as possible.

If you remember years back 3:30 was the standard...or it seemed. Tv is changing their slotting I think

In years past it always seemed that the noon slots were majority Big 10 games, but this year it's kind of all over the place. I think I've seen more ACC games at noon than Big 10 games this year (and the Louisville-FSU noon kick was REALLY strange...that was the marquee game of the day, at least on paper).

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Noon games suck.

52cfa562021c4c144f132c85c40a1ec19d1e1fedb4dc0764ed06e137d1ae826c.jpg

Animal02

Banned
Back in the day, there were very few night games. KO times were announced on the schedule and most were one and four like the pros. Usually the late pm games were west coast games. I think LSU and USCe and a couple of others played night games. Before the TV dollars became huge.
ESPN takes precedent over fans attending games. ESPN could care less about the butts in the seats.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I suspect we're remembering a time before every game was televised and we got millions from espn.

I'm just thinking of a couple years ago when noon on ESPN was "Big 10 Special Boring Game of the Week!" usually featuring one or more of Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue, or Northwestern. Pam Ward generally called this game too.