Kick-Off Song

gtg622r

Georgia Tech Fan
I hate this is my first post, but I've searched high and low and can't find what I'm looking for anywhere. I'm public address for a high school football program and I'm responsible for the music. I keep hearing this song at the Tech game and I can't figure out what it is for the life of me. It seems to only be played once per game. It's played either before we kick-off to start the game or before we kick-off to start the second half.

You can hear it here at the 0:55 mark but you have to listen closely and ignore the commentator.

It seems to be mainly instrumental, but there is a line repeated at the beginning. I can't make out the words.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Ask the players what songs they want to hear. When I played in high school our music guy sent out an email at the beginning of the season with what songs should be played at games, we all loved it.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Some games its obvious that younger kids run the music and play more hip hop but occasionally we get stuck with some old head playing music strictly prior to 1995

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The vt 09 was home coming and wife and I made the trip from Texas for 40th reunion. It was her first time to tech and b d s.
By far best crowd engaging music and jumbotron lead cheers of any game (season tickets since 14 and all bowl) .
The "yellow --- jacket" cheer during time outs was awesome . Now we have some song and show short selfies of exibitionistic late bloomers.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
GT could always do what Tennessee does on third downs. Tennessee changed a song by D.J. Snake and Lil John called "Turn Down For What" to "Third Down For What" and they play that when the other team has 3rd down.

IIUC Lil' Jon did that for them. Not sure why. Probably paid him for a dubplate (reggae term).

Cool story bro time. There was a GT-based reggae group back in the day for whom Lil' Jon was gonna drop a dubplate off one of his first hits, Who U wit.