Keys to stay competitive in game vs Clemson

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Aggressive defense. I may get laughed at, but Clemson’s offense right now is nowhere near what it has been for the last 6-7 years. I think we can force some turnovers and create opportunities to score. Now…what we do at that point is a different story. But, if I had to say what will keep it close I’d say throwing unpredictable defense their way.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Put pressure on their QB DJU.

Last week against SC St. he was 14/24 (58%) for 171 yds 1 TD/1 INT. Not that impressive. Certainly no Trevor Lawrence

I think Clemson's OL is vulnerable. Load up the box and stop their run game. Weaponize Charlie Thomas. Get some pressure on the QB and try to force some turnovers.

As for scoring.....no idea. I'll leave that to P-node. I'd imagine trying to do some sprint outs with Yates to get him out of the pocket.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
I say we come out the first offensive series and all our OL cut block them just to piss them off.
This would be hilarious.

in all honesty, its only a matter time before they resolve their QB issues. He will find a way to be successful eventually. I think our only chance is pressure him to make decisions fast. We can force turnovers but need to turn them into points, period. If not, it will be a long day more than likely.

On our offensive side, going to have to take advantage of lots of short routes and frind for the yards. We will not dominate the run game on their D Line more than likely.

oh, and play 4 COMPLETE quarters of football.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
This would be hilarious.

in all honesty, its only a matter time before they resolve their QB issues. He will find a way to be successful eventually. I think our only chance is pressure him to make decisions fast. We can force turnovers but need to turn them into points, period. If not, it will be a long day more than likely.

On our offensive side, going to have to take advantage of lots of short routes and frind for the yards. We will not dominate the run game on their D Line more than likely.

oh, and play 4 COMPLETE quarters of football.
He has got the tools but the Clemson quarterback has a long way to go to be in Trevor Lawrence territory.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
as do the rest of NCAA Quarterbacks..
True. There are a lot of very good ones. McDowell at UNC, given time, is deadly accurate. I was watching a replay of UNC's game last week and he threw a ball 50 yards or so in the air to a receiver that was well covered by a DB running stride for stride but Sam laid that ball right in the receiver's hands on the outside away from the defender. Alabama's quarterback is the real deal as well. But Lawrence? Players like that are very rare indeed.

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
True. There are a lot of very good ones. McDowell at UNC, given time, is deadly accurate. I was watching a replay of UNC's game last week and he threw a ball 50 yards or so in the air to a receiver that was well covered by a DB running stride for stride but Sam laid that ball right in the receiver's hands on the outside away from the defender. Alabama's quarterback is the real deal as well. But Lawrence? Players like that are very rare indeed.
Sam Howell?

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer

This is a valid point. I am glad we are getting them early this year, by the end of the year they will be rolling. If they played UGA after the first 6 games they beat them by 2 possessions. Hopefully getting them early this year is the difference in a 25 point loss and a 50 point loss.