General News about Key and his Staff

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
One of the things that I've heard that makes Dabo a good recruiter is that he gets out a lot and spends time with HS coaches.
Exactly how Mack Brown turned UNC around the first time at UNC. He went to the NC HS coaches and built relationships. He also hired one of the most successful HS coaches in the state to his staff. Key is making some good moves in Georgia.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
A bit strange that Key (the HEAD coach not just an asst) visits a school that doesn't have an identified recruit.When is the last time he went to Buford.? A new head coach needs to learn a lot including how to distribute his time most efficiently.
We don't know who else/where else was visited in the area the same day. I have no prob with waving the flat at every opportunity.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Now if gt fans in his area attend his games while wearing gt gear , he can see them because they will really stick out in the sea of clemson fans.

The problem is GT fans in the area. My Friday night football revolves around my cheerleading daughters team. As one of a handful of GT fans in the area, I am not sure even if we ALL got together we'd make much impact over the Clemson or uga Cabal in this area, much less the Gamecocks, who really rule the roost (pun intended) in that area.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Helicopters are cool and all, but we've been seeing coaches do it for years. Who's gonna up the ante and skydive onto the field for a 5 star?

That said I'm very glad to see the path CBK has us on and looking forward to results on the field.

As a former professional skydiver and an AFF instructor, I'm of course down with this idea.

(Only problem is, for the time it would take to get CBK trained up to this level, I'd much rather see him doing other things.) :cool:

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
The problem is GT fans in the area. My Friday night football revolves around my cheerleading daughters team. As one of a handful of GT fans in the area, I am not sure even if we ALL got together we'd make much impact over the Clemson or uga Cabal in this area, much less the Gamecocks, who really rule the roost (pun intended) in that area.
I’m a gt fan in the area lol we can show out

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I’m a gt fan in the area lol we can show out
Great.
Gt could post schedule for recruits and send them to gt grads in area. Maybe coordinate to get a number to show up at one game.

. Some can't donate a lot but we can all promote the Institute

Last edited:

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
(Only problem is, for the time it would take to get CBK trained up to this level, I'd much rather see him doing other things.)
Elephant Skydiving GIF

I agree. Send the surrogates. Go big or go home.